Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Talked to the German's

So I just haven't been myself lately.  I don't know why, but many times just feel down.  Mom thinks it is because I am always busy and always TIRED!  I am not sure.  I think it might just be a slump and the holidays will turn it around.  Not sure?  BUT
   This morning I was just playing around with Skype and called Jesse, to my surprise Amber answered.  It was 6pm her time.  I was so excited to see her I cried.  I felt like she was in the next room as we were talking.  It was a great feeling to just connect.  You never realize how much you miss someone until they are gone.  I think for me it is the distance.  I know that I could not get to them soon if I had too.  I have to say that I didn't get to see enough of them when they were here, but now that they are gone they seem so FAR~  It was wonderful to see the house they are living in (Amber even showed me how the toilet's in Germany flush) It was more wonderful to see Darien's little face.  He even smiled at me for just a second!  The connection made my whole day, and I am hoping soon that the kids will be able to see them. 
There is not anything better than family!  I love and miss you guys so much, but got a little bit of happiness today from you!  Thanks so much Amber. 

Jody

3 comments:

Jess said...

We agree it was great to talk with the Hooperites! It is amazing how much we check our Skype and email now. Jess turns it on first thing in the morning and we both check it religiously throughout the day. We love and miss you guys.

mommy1 said...

Family and LOVE is everything in life; all the rest is extrenious (don't think your english mom spelled that right!).

mommy1 said...

Oh, and it's GERMANS not GERMAN's! German's is possesive (like the german's car); germans is plural. HA - I will NEVER quit correcting you! Love and family and the 'all' but proper English is important also!