Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rushmore Day 3 (Wildlife Day)


Day three was good.  It was our wildlife day.  Today, we went to Bear Country USA.  This was really fun!!!  It was between bear country and Reptile gardens, I won the bet, just not into snakes all that much!!!  I loved Bear Country.  About three years ago we went to Bear World and Bear Country was SO so much better.  There were so many bears, and we spent greater than 2 hours just driving the two miles.  Bears bathing swimming, eating.  These was mating season for the bears, and the wolves did not like the bears mating.  There were fights, between he bears and the wolves, and was not violent and fun to watch.  Very fun for the kids.  Bear Country had greater than 30 new cubs as well.  Great time, for everyone. 










After bar world we went to Custer State Park.  This was the highlight of the trip.  The Park is much like Yellowstone, has wild buffalo and animals.  The most entertaining part of the trip was the begging burros.  There is a section of the park with wild burrros.  I had read up on this previously and was told to to bring the burrro's saltine crackers.  I wish that I had brought two boxes!!!  It was the highlight of the whole trip.  As you can see the burro's had their whole heads into the car!!!! 


There were many tunnels in Custer Park.  One on them was eight foot wide, making it very hard to even get the car through.  Many of these tunnels framed Mt Rushmore.  It is hard to see but this is one with Mt Rushmore in the background. 



This was a lake at the top of the Park, it was beautiful!!!!  We walked around it, and tried to get some good pics!!!  Really good day.  Can't get much better than this, me the people I love the most, no cell phone, computer, work, and begging burro's!!! 








1 comment:

Jess said...

About time!!! You kids will remember these moments. They might not remember where or what they saw, but will remember having a great time with their family.