Monday, November 12, 2012

Two in DC

We enjoyed a really fun vacation last week in Washington DC.  I had a conference, and Thane and the two oldest joined me there.  We decided just to take Katie and Jerra,  Washington DC is a place you have to do ALOT of walking, and you must have some history lessons before you go.  We had such a good time, and I really enjoyed the "older crowd".  The girls were really good, didn't ask for much ad were gracious to their dad and I.  I am happy to say that I enjoy being with them, and find them both really good friends, as well as daughters. 
 Above is Arlington Cemetery, The kids went here without me, and did not take any pics of themselves!
 Iwo Jima, one of my favorite places, Unfortunately I was not able to go. 
 My very favorite place in DC, The National Cathedral~~


 Lighting candles and saying prayers, only Jerra would do this with me....

 The very top of the cathedral looking down. 



 National Zoo
 Jefferson Memorial
 Washington Monument
 DC Squirrels
 President Fowers
 Madagascar Hissing Cockroach, only Katie would hold it. 

 Lincoln Memorial
 The White House :)

   We got to see so many things, some of the favorites, Holocaust Museum, Jefferson Memorial, Ford's theater, DC cupcakes, (the longest wait we had the whole week, but well worht it) and meeting Jon Huntsman in person on the street (just Jerra and me got that honor).  More importantly Washington teaches you how lucky we are to live in such a great country.  The things they learned were more important than the things that they could ever learn in a history class.  The culture (predominately African American) is also interesting.  Great times, and not very many people can say that they were in Washington DC, at the White House on Election day!  The girls also learned that Hooper is peaceful quiet and where they want to live.
   Hopefully I can have this opportunity to do this with the other two!  Great trip. 

No comments: