Saturday, March 28, 2015

Helping MySeLf

I know that the last few blogs are just somber, but this is part of the way I am getting through, is by writing.  Lately Thane and I have been going to counseling, to make our marriage stronger, and work through a few things.  We are in a transition, trying to push the birds out of the nest, knowing they will still fly back for a while, but trying to prepare them to eventually leave.  Often, I find myself trying to help others in almost everything I do.  To grasp this concept that they will sometimes leave is hard.  I have to let them take care of themselves.  I have to allow them to make mistakes.  This has made me reflect on all other things in my life.
    I have said my prayers, and tried to find my path back to my happy place.  Looking back the times when I was the most happy was when me, Thane and the kids are doing the most simple things without outside interactions.  I am going to make this year about me and them.  Time to be selfish and not worry about things that I just can not change.  I will help others when I can but need to remember who is most important in my life and who needs to come first.  ME!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your family should always come first.

Unknown said...

your family should ALWAYS come first. This is a difficult time for you and Thane....4 teenagers! if you make it through getting all of them on their own, you have definitely succeeded and I know you will. Love ya baby girl.