The week started out eventful, My Jerra, and Hannah made something for Katie every day. The little surprise was as much fun for us as for her ( we included Kaden too). Katie also had events planned every night. Senior week was really fun for her, she had a chalk fest, movie nights, Senior cotillion, and loads of yearbook signing! She was exhausted, but happy, in the best mood I have seen her for a while. Katie is so ready to move on, and I think that relief that it was finally happening made her feel ecstatic. It was really fun to put Katie on a pedestal for ten days. She many times does not get the credit she deserves and never really wants attention drawn to her.
Katie graduated with greater than 50 credit hours at Weber State and a 3.8 GPA. She did not walk with cords as she did not want to be noticed? Yes, this upset me a little, but humility I guess is important. Katie received a half ride scholarship to Weber State, and plans to work for a hospital to get the greater part of her college paid for. :)
During graduation, I cried just a few tears, I was overwhelmed with how to "feel". It does not seem to matter that she is graduating, as she was already really attending Weber State anyways. The hard part was watching the little girl that we taught to walk, walk to get her diploma. The little girl that had her face dirty all of the time, look so BEAUTIFUL today. That same girl with cowboy boots on the tractor being a strong motivated person in a gorgeous dress. The same little hair monkey, that wanted so bad to come into this world early is still wanting to jump with both feet into the next stage of her life. When did she learn all of this? Looking at her and seeing who she can become makes me proud to say, We did it Thane! We made a child as good as her, that is an accomplishment! I can not believe we did so well! Today, the frustration, exhaustion, and selflessness, was all worth it. It is the one thing that I wanted when she was born for her to be healthy and HAPPY, I believe I see that today!
Senior Cotillion
Dear my Bug,
Mom and dad are so proud of you! You have become what we wanted for you. You are determined, motivated and beautiful! You might not realize this today, but you will. You deserve all that life has to offer, and don't hold back if you believe and feel it is right, GERONIMO! I see you everyday act amazing, and not surprisingly, I know you are going to make a remarkable wife, and amazing mother. You are way beyond your years, and have done these things already! I can not believe how diverse you are. You can roof a turkey coop, haul hay, pull your hair up, and turn around with beautiful long hair and high heels. Very FEW people can do that and enjoy it as much as you do. This was my one wish for you, to find what makes you happy. To enjoy each moment like it could be your last.
Katie you have a amazing relationship with your daddy, many times I am very jealous of that, (as I want his time too). On the other hand, I know first hand how much a daddy means. He is your rock, and I love that. You need to know that he would do anything for you, (or any of the others). You have a connection with him that no one else has, even me! I love that! Use him when you need him, he has knowledge beyond what you are aware of and is a person that no matter what will be there for you!
Bug, take the world by the hand, just like you did the moment you were born. Never look back and go after your dreams. I love you now more that I ever thought I could love a person. Despite you being my child, I want you for my friend, I need you in my life, and I want more than anything for you to succeed.
I love you, and congrats on accomplishing this task, I never questioned that you would not. You came into my life with fireworks, and I do not expect any less than that from you now!
I love you,
Mommy and Daddy (although he does not know that I wrote this).


1 comment:
Yes, MY baby girl, you and Thane "DID IT!" and did it VERY well! Your #1 and MY #1 will be a hairy little monkey in our minds forever but all of us have to learn to "let her go" bit by bit. It's EXTREMELY hard! When you love someone THAT much (and Katie will not understand until she has an 18-year-old daughter) you carry them inside you; inside those deep valleys of your heart. Each time she takes a step on her own....from her first step to delivering her first baby....it makes a hole in YOUR heart because you have to let go a little more. BUT, the success and pride you feel when you watch her develop will fill those holes. Watching you just made my heart larger.....
Love ya...mommy
Post a Comment