Ok so I know that her birthday was on Saturday, but as many of you know I have worked everyday for the past two weeks and have not had any time. Katie's birthday was hard for me because I don't feel old enough to have a twelve year old. Katie had a great birthday. Last week she went to girls camp and absolutely loved it! She was gone for five whole days. I really missed her as it is the first time she has been away from me an unable to connect (she could not take a cell phone). She did well, as a matter of fact everyone said she is such a great kid, of course I know that even though she isn't always great for me! When she returned she wanted to go back and when I asked her if she was homesick she said NO. That bothered me because I really did miss her.
Saturday on her real birthday, Nannie took her to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and then we took her out to dinner. She seemed embarrassed when they sung to her at the restaurant but I know that deep down inside she loved it. She sure seems so big she will not be able to order off the child's menu anymore $$$$! She is also excited that at 12 in our house you get to eat on the couch! She made sure that Jerra, EJ and Hannah knew!
12 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY BUG!
I love that she is independent, determined and motivated! I know that she will go after her dreams. She has been this way since the day she was born, tiny little 5 pound baby coming home with momma after only being born 22 hours earlier.
I love that she is so active, this is so good for your body both emotionally and physically.
I love that she loves life and is happy, and hopefully she continues to!
I love that she continues to want to be around me and her dad, She has fun doing things with us and we enjoy her lots.
I love her beauty, hopefully she looks in the mirror and sees this too!
I love her caring attitude, toward others and compassion to help people.
I love her hair even though sometimes she doesn't wash it enough.
I love that she will eat anything, just like her dad, she rarely complains about what I fix.
I love her quick Wit, she thinks fast and talks fast, wonder who she gets that from??
I love that (most of the time) she loves her siblings, she has always been my helper, especially when the twins were so little.
I love that she LOVES to learn and is willing to try anything even if she is scared!
I LOVE her more than anything in this world and I want her to remember that even when things get hard, that her dad and I will always be there for her even when she thinks that we won't! I believe in her and know that she is a great kid!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE LYNN!
1 comment:
Happy birthday Katie. Jody, she is such a good girl. I am blessesd to have a babysitter right across the street that my kids love. She is so good with Kolt and he loves her to death! Tell her how much I apreciate her helping me out (even though I couldn't pay her this morning because I didn't have cash, IOU Katie). Tell her that her mom isn't the only one that thinks she beautiful, smart, caring and awesome. Her weirdo neighbor thinks so too!
Post a Comment