Just eight years ago I was watching the SLC Olympics on bed rest, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the twins. At the time I was hoping that I would not make it to my due date April 29th 2002. I just was so miserable.
Just eight years ago I only had two kids!
Just eight years ago I hadn't fully understood what life was about.
Just eight years ago I had my sanity!
Just eight years ago, Rampage was the slide at Lorin Farr Park not a competition soccer league!
Just eight years ago I was a mom to only daughters.
Just eight years ago, There was more excitement in my bed other than Sunday mornings talent shows!!!
Just eight years ago my tummy hurt so bad I thought that I would die.
Just eight years ago I was scared, nervous and excited on what to expect being a mother of twins.
Just eight years ago I could control all of my kids with two hands!
Just eight years ago I usually never got up before 6:45 am let alone went to a soccer game at that time.
Just eight years ago, I didn't know that Darth Vader had more than one weapon.
Just eight years ago I had spent little time in NICU and it was during a nursing rotation.
Just eight years ago, I bought shoes only came in size 9 (my size) not size 111/2, 2 1/2, 7 and 8 1/2.
Just eight years ago, homework was something only I had.
Just eight years ago I always knew just where the TV remote was!
Just eight years ago I could do all of the Laundry in three - five loads per week!
Just eight years ago the toilet was always flushed!
BUT
Just eight years ago my life wasn't whole.
Just eight years ago I wasn't as happy as I am now.
Just eight years ago I didn't realize how precious life is and how quickly it could be taken.
Just eight years ago I was much more selfish that I am now.
Just eight years ago I didn't enjoy the journey quite as much!
I love you EJ and Hannah, what joy you have brought into our life's, Happy Birthday week!!!
1 comment:
Just eight years ago, I was NOT the grandmother of twins (a very special thing). Just 8 years ago, I didn't have my Miss Rona and my Mr. Bird. Just 8 years ago, my baby girl was still a baby girl; not super mom. Just 8 years ago, my heart was not yet full. Now, 8 years later, I await another little soul into my 'grandma' life but nothing is as special as having twins! Love ya Miss Rona and Mr. Bird. Nannie
Post a Comment