Sunday, June 13, 2010

Attention Attention, We took the GOLD!!~

Yes for the second time, we went to the 2010 Summer Games and we took the gold!  We were the ONLY Rampage team to take the gold.  We never expect to go to the games and get the gold.  The fun is going down to Cedar City,  being involved with all the fun things and playing the game we all love SOCCER.  BUT the team won the gold winning the final game 1 to zero, We scored on a Penalty Kick!  The Dixie Dragons were expected to win the gold, they had "stacked" their team just to come and take the gold.  We stole it from them, next time don't try so hard Dixie!
    More important than the gold was the fun.  We stayed in the dorm again, four families in our dorm room (10 beds, five rooms and 21 people) and all seventeen families in our hall.  The kids absolutely love this, as there are over 50 kids to play with.  Yes, very tiring for mom and dad because there is so much noise and never quiet time.  We wouldn't miss it for the world, water balloon fights, secret sisters, pancakes in the morning, Kids Jokes night, Pizza parties, and of course our annual hair doing sessions!  Of Course at least five soccer games during the three days.
     Many families opted to not go to the Opening Ceremonies this year.  Of course all the girls get to go for free.  I really wanted to go and I am so glad that I did.  The Boogie Nights were the concert performers, they sung many 70's and 80's songs the kids loved.  During the opening ceremonies everyone parades in with the teams (just like in the Olympics) around the track!  They end up in the middle of the field right at the stage for the concert and fireworks!  All my kids were on the football field and Thane and I watched from our seats.  They thought it was the best to be right in front.   Everyone had balls, and glow in the dark necklaces, they would throw them up in the air just like at a "adult concert".  The torch ran around the track with the kids in the middle and they lit the Cauldron. At the end, is the most spectacular fireworks I have ever seen synchronized to music!
    The highlight of the opening Ceremonies was with Casey!  Casey Scott is a TV reporter for Channel 2 news, and EJ watches him do crazy things every morning before school.  He loves him!! We didn't know but, he was at the ceremonies and rode in on a Harley.  I thought EJ would faint!  When he left I made sure that him and EJ got a picture.  He asked EJ to hug him and EJ was so excited he trembled!  I loved it!
    Memories we will never forget, The Gold medal could have been pure GOLD and the fun we had would surpass it!  Congratulations to the Rampage team on the GOLD! 

No comments: