Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Growing Up Fowers...

Memorial Day was good for us.  It was nice to have a long weekend off with the kids.  Jerra ran the 5K that moring and placed 1st in her age division.  She ran the 5K in 30 mins and 13 seconds.  I quickly walked the two mile while she was running as I wanted to get back to see her cross the finish.  I was so proud of her. 
   Later that say the kids wanted to go to the Rodeo.  Thane and I really didn't want to go and it was expensive.  We let the girls go by themselves.  I took them up and dropped them off with money and then they were to call me when they were done.  It was a relief to have them entertain themselves for a few hours.  But when I dropped them off I kind of felt sad.  They really don't need me anymore.  They get up in the morning and get ready independently.  They rarely want me to help with their hair, and they know how to match their clothes!  As much as glad that they can do things without me, I am sad that someday they will completely have their own lives. 
     I remember when I felt this way.  It was important not to go out without my hair done and all of my accessories on.  I especially remember camping.  We would take our make-up and curling irons up camping and each night we would get ready to sit around the campfire (of course we looked at other camp sites for any teenage boys).  As ludicrous as it sounds we made sure each hair was in place, we needed to look good while we were roasting marshmallows!  What were we thinking? 
    I know my girls are starting this.  I see them looking at boys in the grocery store and in their yearbooks and I wonder what their mates will be like?  I hope that they like what they see when they look in the mirror.  I hope that they have self confidence and don't settle for just anyone.  I look at them and see beautiful girls who have so much potential!  I am proud of who they have become. 
    Needless to say, they had a great time at the rodeo and all their friends were there.  They called came home and began fighting!  Beutiful girls who fight! 

1 comment:

Jess said...

They are great girls because they have such great parents. If they only knew the blessings they had.