Monday, September 27, 2010

Headlights on....

Been so busy that I haven't had any time to write.  6 soccer games per week and 5 soccer practices take all of Thane's and most of my time.  We hardly keep up. We never have time for each other and lately it is really taking a toll.  Soccer is almost over for the season.  We should have a couple of weeks break and it will be MUCH needed! 
   Very few people know that I had surgery two weeks ago today.  I had two masses removed from my boobs, these were a result from the previous surgery.  I also had another 1/2 pound taken off one breast to make it "equal" to the other.  The surgeon could have done a little better the first time and I might have not had to have this done again.  Fairly confident that the masses were scar tissue.  The pathology reports should be back soon. 
    The surgery went very well. I am completely healed and I am already exercising.  I can sleep on my belly (yipee) and feel fine.  I am happy to get it all over with!  The second surgery was only about 25% as bad as the first, although I did have about 8 inch's of incision.  It just wasn't as bad at all.  Headlights are on and doing well! 
   We are all getting ready for fall, The kids are enjoying school, especially Jerra.  She got her report card back for mid terms, 3.8!  I was really proud of her, first quarter!  Katie is also doing well, she has one grade that needs to come up to her standards and she will do it!  Ethan and Hannah are great, I love them at this age.  They still love me and want to be with me, but can do things for themselves.  Little bit makes them so happy! 
    I keep telling myself that I will survive soccer, I should have that tattooed on my butt!  Happy Fall!

3 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea that you'd had surgery again. I knew that you were GOING to have it done again, but I didn't know that it had been scheduled and done. I am sorry that I haven't been there for you. I've been meaning to call you since our last conversation to set something up, but it sounds like you've been pretty busy anyway. Maybe when soccer is over (and after you and Thayne can catch up), maybe then you and I can get together? I don't want to be a burden but I would LOVE to see you again soon.

Well, I hope you are recovering and hanging in there. I hope you know how amazing and wonderful I think you are.

Take care!
Love ya!
Allison

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

You are an inspiration to all of us. You and Thane are such great parents and push your kids to enjoy life. Just don't foget to enjoy what little bit of time you may have together. Just like the Darius Rucker song "It won't be like this for long." We love you