My Mom always liked birds, I think it is because they reminded her of my grandpa. I especially love little birds, my favorite bird has my genes. EJ "bird" and I spent our one on one date together on Tuesday (been so busy at work haven't had time to write). I love the days I get to spend one on one with the kids. I try and do it at least once a year with the girls, and twice a year with the twins. I spend alot of time with the girls, as they are old enough to do the things I like to do. That gives me an excuse to take the twins each twice.
When I picked EJ up from school around 11am (I had a doctor's appt.) He ran and jumped into my arms right in front of all of his friends ( I wonder how long that will last?)! He had known about our little trip for quite sometime, and had been counting down the days he had before we were together. I think in his eyes it was like a Christmas present. In some ways this makes me excited that he loves to be with me, but in others it makes me sad, I wonder if he feels like he doesn't get to see me as much as he would like. Either way, we had a great time!!! We were looking for a specific book for him to read, and although we didn't find it after looking at three stores, he ended up with treasures. He even made sure that we purchased something for Hannah. I had made a list of all of the things that we had to do. I try and get my errands done, he crossed them off as we accomplished them. In the end, we stopped for ice cream, and with his Lego's in both hands and ice cream all over his face this conversation took place.
MOM: EJ will you always love me as much as you do today??
EJ: Mom! I will love you forever!
MOM: What about when you are 25?
EJ: I promise forever!
MOM: What about when you are 35 like me?
EJ: Mom I promise I will always love you.
MOM: What about when you are an old man?
EJ: Mom then you will be DEAD?
What? I loved it till the DEAD part! Oh well his little mind is just thinking ahead, and I guess over thirty five seems so old to him. That is why it is so important to spend one on one with them, or at least that is my excuse!
2 comments:
What a cute converstation! I sure do miss you. Although I feel guilty taking you away from your family, I am needing a "Jody fix" sometime in the next few weeks. What do you think? Love ya!
Baby girl....Jess and I were taking just the other day about our 'dates' that I used to have with him. He treasures them now. EJ treasures them now and he will again when he is 30 like Jess does. They are SO important. Keep it up. I love you. Mommy
Post a Comment