Jerra has always had my heart. She has always had the crooked smile that melts me. Jerra has been struggling lately. She has been in Katie's limelight and sometimes that is a good thing. But other times, she has lost her identity, when it is most important. Jerra is working on finding Jerra. She is building her self confidence and I am so proud of her.
Dear Jerra,
You still pull at my heart strings when I have to be hard on you. I thought that you would make it easy on me and have the same issues as your sister, cause I am getting better at dealing with her. NO, you have taught me a lesson. You are a very different spirit and I have to do very different things with you. The other night when we had a long talk in the car and you were crying it just about broke my heart to tell you that you had to try harder. I saw your little brain turning and I knew you had it in you. NO SURPRISE the next day you went to school and accomplished the goals that we set for you. You had them accomplished in one day! I knew you could do it, you just have to believe in yourself. NOW we must work on you communicating with your coach and not being so petrified of him. There will be times in your life when you feel like you have no more to give, and then you reach down and find a little more and keep going. The hard times make the good times that much better. Remember the ball isn't just going to "come to you" , you have to chase it and find your way of making a goal! You have to tell people what you want, you can't just sit back and think that someone is going to do it for you. You have to stand up for what you believe in. You have such a genuine personality and I envy your honesty. You also adore your siblings, and will make a great mother someday. Stand tall, we will get through this and your self confidence will bloom, trust me I am your mommy!
I love you Jo Jo, you will be in my heart, always!
Mommy
2 comments:
Baby Girl....I felt like I as reading one of the many speeches that I have given to you EXCEPT you do it so much better. You are an awesome mom. Love Mommy
yeah, yeah, yeah . . . hugs and kisses, bows and butterfiles.
Post a Comment