Long time no post. I know, been busy as usual and got a new Ipad for Christmas and when I do have time I am playing games on that, ADDICITNG. Things have been about the same for us. We run the kids around and rarely have time for ourselves.
Soccer is still in full swing (it never stops). Thane just returned from Vegas where he took Katie and Jerra for a soccer tournament. I decided not to go, as I really couldn't take the time off of work, and Hannah had recently had some dental surgery. (She did so well, two permanent teeth removed). I actually enjoyed having the twins to myself. We had alot of fun and did some fun things, they liked being spoiled.
As usual, Thane and the girls had fun. Usually the trips are more about doing fun things than they are soccer. Thane took the girls to the Shark Encounter at Mandalay Bay, the M and M factory, Coke Factory, Cheesecake Factory, and the Pawn Shop (Yes the Pawn Stars one)! I was jealous about their visit to the Pawn stars pawn shop. It was really neat for them and during their visit they got to hold a Women's World Cup medal valued at 20,000 dollars! How fun!! No, they did not see the Pawn Stars themselves, but I hear the store was almost as neat as seeing the original people. They saw things that they had seen being pawned on the show, and they brought me home I love Chumlee tattoos :) Over and over I ask myself what we are going to do when these kids are gone??? I know that we will be bored. As much as we run, we love it and love doing it together!
I just do not think the kids understand what Thane and I do for them. Just this week, when I had a day off, Ethan asked me if I was going to play on the Ipad and watch TV all day. WHAT??? My days off are filled with Errands, house cleaning, and preparation for the days ahead. I am lucky, if I have time to sit down and eat lunch. Many times I am much more tired on my days off, then I am on the days I work. Do they understand that the blinds get dusty, there are more loose socks then matched ones, and the bathtub does not magically clean itself??? Do they realize that while I am at work, I don't get to play with my friends, and am constantly thinking about what I need to do when I get off work? The answer = NO! They do not and they will not until they are parents themselves! Until then I keep moving one day at a time, hopeful that they see even a glimmer of how much we love them and how much we do for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment