On Friday night the kids were in the Nativity that they are a part of every year. I love this and know that it sounds corny, but it makes me feel as if I am a part of the first Christmas. I love seeing the kids participate in something that is spiritual. Ethan rode the horse this year, and loved it. Katie was a shepherd and took the ornery black sheep! She makes me laugh, because she was not too fond of the sheep when she was finished. It was cold but fun. I love feeling close to the kids, and being involved in something so simple.
Christmas eve was really fun this year. We went to Mary Jo's in the morning, I went up to see Grandma, and then we came home and Thane had planned a surprise for all of us. I like surprises more and more, it means that I did not have to think it through and I can enjoy it. Thane sent the kids on a Scavenger Hunt and each one of them returned to the front room with a gift for the family! The family received a "movie style" popcorn maker, a projector, popcorn supplies, a video and a video game. We watched a movie and had popcorn. It was so enjoyable, and the kids loved it. I was excited to have them all to myself and it was probably my favorite part of Christmas this year.
Christmas morning was good, alot of presents, and all unwrapped in an hour and a half. Kids were happy, and I got an IPAD (actually it is for the whole family)! Great morning, in the afternoon we went to dad's came home and had Prime Rib. First time I had made it, and turned out pretty good, I now know what to do to make it much better.
Overall a uneventful Christmas. Okay, but I find many other things in our lives more enjoyable. Sometimes the most enjoyable things are the things that are the most simple and do not take three months to organize. Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!
Jerra looks like a snake tamer when she holds her basket this way! LOL
Grace is the little girl next to EJ, I think that she secretly has a crush on EJ as she wanted a picture with her and him. He has always liked her, but will not admit it.
No comments:
Post a Comment