Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer Games 2012

I have decided that Late posts are better than NO posts.  The middle of June we went to the annual summer games.  I think that we decided that this was our fourth time!  I think that this year was my favorite of all the games .  Usually we have just gone down with Katie, and Jerra just started last year.  This year all four participated.  Even though it was really busy for Thane and I, we did it and we enjoyed it more than ever.  The kids did awesome!!!  Jerra and EJ got gold medals, and Hannah and Katie got silver.  EVERYONE got a medal.  The crazy day was Saturday, Jerra ran at 7am, Hannah had her final game at 8am, Katie her final game at 10am, and Ethan wrestled from 10am-noon.  Really busy, but they have a great team of parents, that figure out how to do it all!  Maybe we should have got a medal!!!  In all of that we had one car, and we each made it see if all!  :) 
  As I sit here and type I miss it!  I complain and complain that my world is spinning, but miss it when we have time to sit around.  We are so lucky to have each other and enjoy our kids so much! I love Thane, more than I ever have, and heading to our 20 year anniversary, I look at him with the kids and it makes me light up.  I recognize how great he is for me, and my one dream in life is to see my kids as happy as I am.  If it all ended today, I would not have any regrets.  That is what any mom would like to hear their child say.  :)  Through all these years, these are the best times, to see your kids succeed at something they love, and enjoy doing it. 
  Thursday night was the opening ceremonies, and I forgot my camera.  Nitro circus was there, motorcycle, bike, and skateboard stuntman.  Travis Pastrana unfortunately was not there, but I am sure that only minimally affected our fun.  The morning before the show, I was exercising around the dorms, and noticed that all of the guys in the show were practicing in the arena.  I ran back to the dorms (yes I ran), and got the kids.  They put on shirts, got a marker and we raced back to the arena.  We ended up getting all of the riders autographs, and I was sure that EJ would faint.  The guys signed the back of the kids' shirts and EJ wore his backward all day!!! We were alone right close to the action, and they jumped only for us, no one else was there!   I found it really funny that Katie and Jerra loved this almost more than EJ, yes the boys came over without their shirts on, and even I thought they were Good looking!!!  LOL, I thought Jerra would faint. She would turn around to get their autographs on her shirt with a smile on her face bigger than I have ever seen!  She told me that she loved their six packs, He He my little girl looking at a six pack???  Needless to say, it made the performance that night very special.

Jerra ran the 5k faster than she ever has, Thane did not get the right time on this picture as we were not expecting her to come in so early.  She ran in 22 minutes and 13 seconds.  She took first place, but there was a mix up in the timing, and we did not know that until they looked closely at the time, as you can see I have a picture of her with a silver medal and a gold medal.  they changed the medal on the stand.  We were so PROUD of her!

Katie had the most happenings at the Games, We stayed in the dorms with her team.  We had a team dinner, and games.  I did not have the camera for her final game and was a bad mom to not get any pictures of her.  OPPS!
Thanks to all her facebook friends I have a few pics. 













Hannah was probably the most excited about the games.  This was her first, and she really likes the hoopla!  She took a silver medal.  Any medal in soccer is a BIG deal as the Summer games is really mostly soccer. 








And last but not least EJ is my little tough guy.  He earned a gold medal.  Wrestling was not the hardest sport at the Summer games, and he did not have much competition,.  The matches he did have he did really well.  Dad says that EJ won for toughness, and we need to work on his technique.  He is really strong, First Match was 14-2, second match was 4-5!  There were MANY close pins!




2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow kids!!! We are proud of you. I wish that we were there as you all are doing so well and I would love to watch. Jerra, I don't think I could keep up with you anymore, so looks like I will just trail behind. Great job EJ, keep working on your techniques and know brute strength will only get you so far. Katie and Hannay, way to go. Your soccer skills would be a hit over here in Germany. We love you guys!

mommy1 said...

Jody...your kids will never forget these times just as you haven't forgotten our Lake Powell and Twin Lakes trips. To hear you say that you are truly happy with your family warms my heart and makes me think that maybe I passed some of my values onto you - love and family - in the end that's all there is. Love Mommy