Well Christmas has come and gone, and although eventful, still not my favorite time of the year. I have told myself that I would continue to try harder to blog, not for every one else but just for me. I have decided that I really do not care if anyone reads this, but I want to record as many memories as I can. This is one of the easiest ways for me to do this. As I look over this year, I realize why I do not like Christmas. Christmas happens in 2 hours, and takes 2 months to prepare for. Many times the things I experienced this year in these pictures took little time to prepare and I enjoyed a WHOLE bunch more! I love being with the kids and Thane. I love the simple things. This first picture was one of my favorite days this year. Me and the kids had rode out bikes about five miles to this duck pond, Jess called me while at the park, I got to talk to him and he told me all about his trip to Italy. I then fed the ducks with the kids. I had them all to myself and they enjoyed me. Not sure that is going to happen for long. As the year winds to an end the girls have changed, especially Jerra. She now has a boyfriend, and although he is a great kid, she wants to be downstairs talking and texting him, and is spending less time with me. I need to enjoy my time, it will soon be gone. :)
This year we buried my most favorite kitty ever Hershey. I still miss her almost every day, and it has not gotten any easier to see her picture. We did welcome Ella into out household and see is a Holy Terror!
We Canoed at Fort Buenventura, although kinda Lame, we had fun!
Katie Turned 16 this year, Wow still blows my mind that I am that old! I was as excited as she was to have her driving and working, she never ceases to surprise me with her motivation and determination. She is a wonderful kid. If we can just convince her that she does not know it all!
We did alot this summer, the kids and I rode the train to Johnny Rockets in Farmington and ate, lots of fun!!!
USA Mens game was a Summer Highlight!!!
Crash Cart at Dad's open house, at his work.
Park City Tournament, 2nd place, again, Soccer, Soccer and more Soccer.
Me and my friend at the Weber County Fair, he did really like me.
Despite what they might tell you, they are best friends!!! They do many things together and they rarely fight, when one is gone the other is not the same. I am so grateful, that god sent them to me the way he did. Sisters from cradle to grave!
Jerra started Fremont, and Killed it in Cross Country, she lettered and is most races ran first for her team.
What would I do without them???
Ethan ran the Mud Run, without Jerra at the Fair this year, he so impressed me and ran really well. He is growing mentally, just not quite as quick physically!
Wow she amazes me, she is growing so fast, and is amazing, and beautiful, I might add.
This Year brought us many challenges with the rental house. Our renters left us in a big mess. The kids really impressed Thane and I and pitched in for a month, helped us paint and get the house cleaned up. It is an investment that I am hopeful in the end is all worth it (likely will be).
Loved, loved, loved, this picture!!!! This was in Jackson Hole at a tournament with Hannah's team :)
This was in the Condo at Jackson Hole with Hannah and her Friends, loads of fun!!!
We were so fortunate enough to have Jess and Amber come and stay WITH US, in October for Halloween. It was the highlight of my whole year, as I had not seen them for about 2 years. I had often said that I missed Amber and Jess more than the kids only because I really never got to know Darien and had never met Jax. That all changed when they came and stayed. Their visit only made me miss them worse. I loved every minute they were here, and I got to know the boys. It was devastating to see them go. My kids had a hard time too. Hopefully we can go to Morocco and see them soon. They have a bigger piece of my heart now.
The first week in December, Jerra ran in Foot Locker Semi-National Cross Country Race In California. Thane and I were fortunate enough to fly down together and see her. Katie stayed home with the twins and did an awesome job!!! Jer took 15th out of 200 girls, and did awesome and made some really adult decisions while of the trip with many high schoolers. It was so nice for Thane and I to spend some much needed time together!
This was Jerra's big event this year. This is Kaden. Kaden is a great kid, but Jerra is 15! Kaden is a runner for Fremont as well and is 2 years older than Jerra (actually almost three), AGGH!!! Does he realize that she still is a baby? He is so good to Jerra and seems to have his head on straight, hopefully we can keep them on the right path. College first, always!!!
He still makes my heart melt and I still want to be with him. Isn't that what it should be?
Yes we are back to the end of the year, and here are the twins on the tubes. Thane about kills them getting them spinning so fast. They keep asking for more.
Again the live Nativity, one of my most favorite things about Christmas. I get so excited to see them all dressed up and they still really enjoy it!
Christmas eve with mom, No Hannah in this one.
Happy New Year everyone, Hopefully we can all enjoy the little moments in 2014!!!































No comments:
Post a Comment