Saturday, May 17, 2014

My Baby Girls at the Prom :)

     Like usual, I am really late with this post.  This actually happened before the cruise, but there was two reasons why I did not post it.   1. Katie's pictures were prolonged, and I did not want to post without them. 2.  I was not emotionally ready!  Prom was really hard for me.  I did not expect it to be difficult at all and when the girls were asked I was so excited.  
     Of course we all knew that Jerra would be asked, she has Kaden!  

       Kaden came into our lives about November last year.  He ran Cross Country with Jerra and I suspect that they had been flirting for a while before the interaction between them started.  Once it started, it has not stopped.  When I expected that my kids would start dating, I did not expect that the first boy they would date would become so serious so fast.  Well, here I sit six months later, and Jerra is off with Kaden, and has been all day. NOW, this would be great if Jerra was 18... BUT Jerra is still 15!  The greatest thing about this is that Kaden is an exceptional kid!  Kaden has an excellent family, excellent morals, is responsible, respectful, and treats Jerra, (and her family, especially EJ) wonderfully!  If this was going to happen this way I would not want it to happen with anyone else.  Kaden is determined to get a college scholarship, and Jerra remains steadfast to do the same.  They both push each other to continue to run, while remembering what I continue to say "kissing leads to sex"!  
     Katie on the other hand is still in love with soccer and life!  Katie continues to work two jobs and LOVES school.  She is loving her medical classes and wants to go to nursing school.  I worried about her because she does not necessarily have a boyfriend and I really wanted her to go to her junior prom.  She was asked by a REALLY nice kid name Keaton.  I was ecstatic that the girls were both going, as they are SO close and BEST friends, despite their little quarrels.  
    The fun began, and out the wallet came!  We found dresses, shoes, and bought boutonnieres.  The day came and I thought that I was prepared, of course this was going to be so fun!  THEN Kaden showed up to get Jerra!  OMG, I saw him in his tux, and it brought me back to my dating days with Thane.  I cried and cried, where did the time go?  These are my babies!  He was taking my baby girl!  He doesn't know her I do!  When did she get so pretty and tall???  
     Needless to say it was a hard night, and I wanted to go in the car with them to the dance, and stand by them to make sure all was okay. LOL  They thought I was silly, and were embarrassed by me, Thane thought I was an idiot, but I felt like a piece of my heart was gone for the night!  





Jerra and Kaden are really great together, they went to dinner with a bunch of friends, went to the dance, and then went to have ice cream.  He brought her home safe and sound to me!  Picture above is Thane and I at our prom!




  Katie had the most awesome experience of the two.  Katie went to eat at one of the kid's homes and was waited on, had a three course meal.  She was then taken to the owner of a Large RV dealership in the area's house.  This owner is a car collector, and he has a large garage with MANY collectible cars inside.  Her date took her to this garage and she got to take pictures with all of these expensive cars.  She LOVED this but Katie LOVES almost everything, as she LOVES life!   As you can see by the pictures it was really a neat experience.  I was so glad to have her do something that she will NEVER forget.  They went to the dance and then went to another's house for dessert.  Her date brought her back home to me too!  LOL













Even though they have been to dances before, it had never been this hard!  I guess it is because they are getting older and so am I.  I am realizing, that they do not need me as much, or need me in different ways.  There are many days when I wish for the dirty diapers and the skinned knees.  I thought then that those days were hard!  Now look at me.  I call my mom two times a week now to get her approval that what I am doing is okay.  Why is there not a rulebook for this?  Why does it hurt so bad when they do not succeed or when they fail?  They other day someone ask me if I had one wish in my life what would it be?  I did not even hesitate.  It would be for them to be happy!  Nothing else matters to me.  I have found my true happiness in them, and if they are happy I have succeeded!  
I LOVE YOU KATIE AND JERRA JO!!!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only YOUR mom can understand how you feel because I felt that way when you went to prom with Thane. He was taking you away from me....far toooooo soon! But look how that turned out! Your babies are happy and secure and are learning the ways of life so that they can make their OWN happiness....just as mine did...OK, well, Nicki has had a few big bumps but she still laughs a lot! Katie's experience with the cars was unusual and such a fun night for her. Their happiness makes your happiness and your happiness makes MY happiness! We are lucky and blessed. I love you baby girl....keep calling me until I die even when you don't really need me....I NEED you!