Okay, so much has happened since I was in Europe, and Africa with Jess in JUNE! I have had these pictures sitting in my post forever. But needed to post. This was my favorite place and it has been on my to do list for 6 months, so here goes. Alhambra was at the bottom of Spain, right in Granada, It is located at the tip of Spain near Gibalter. Alhambra was initially built by the Muslims, they had attempted to come into Europe and expand, (Not necessarily conquer). They built this fortress to move into Spain, and then it was taken over by the King of Spain who built his castle within their fortress to prove to them his power, forcing them back into Africa. The kings castle is "ugly" compared to the Muslims beauty. It was my favorite of the whole trip and just reiterated the spiritual component of the trip. I learned to love the Muslims, all the while only meeting at such a minimal level. I loved that they were able to stand up for what they believed in despite majority.
Fresh spices, I loved it!
These pictures really do not give this place enough credit, many times throughout the day, it took my breath away!
Not sure I would fit in this, but Europeans are much smaller! LOL
Bella ended up being a good friend to me, I loved how she cuddled up to me at night, and loved me no matter what!
No comments:
Post a Comment