Did you ever understand how much we all loved and cherished you? You brought us so many happy and funny times. I go out to feed the bratty turkey's and think of you each day. I miss your gruff bark and wagging tail even when you hurt so badly. I miss you humble spirit, and loyalty, especially to me and dad. I miss seeing you so excited when I barbecued things knowing I would give you a piece of meat. Now I am noticing that our bread is molding? What the heck? Where are you? Hannah says that you are in heaven chasing ranger's. I sure hope so. My regrets seem to come when everyone dies. I regret not scratching you, although most times you wanted it when I was in my work clothes. I miss not spending more time with you. I miss letting you chase me on the four wheeler when you really did it well, at a young age! I wish not making you sit in the ranger when you were little so that you would do what you loved sitting my me when you were older. Most of all I miss you! I still close the gate everyday hoping to keep your spirit closer. I still look toward your grave and say "good morning Jacky". Who is going to protect the kids with your mean look, deep bark, but kind soul? nothing can ever replace you.
Much love, for a true friend! Thanks for almost 12 great years!
Mommy.





1 comment:
your posts always make me cry!
Post a Comment