Sunday, November 1, 2015

My "feathered" babies..

     I was nicely surprised this spring when Thane and the kids surprised me with babies turkeys.  Little did I know how much I would enjoy them.  I am really worried how I am going to feel when they are gone :(.  The babies love me unconditionally (that might be because they are always hungry and I feed them, most of the time).  I like when they run to me all excited to see me, this happens every-time!   They have laid on me, pooped on me, and pecked me, (not unusual when you are a mom).  They each have personalities and when they were smaller we painted their toenails to determine who was who.  That quickly stopped when we could not hold them down any longer to get the fingernail polish to dry!  It did not take long for use to determine who was who.  Each of them are my babies and they have qualities, unlike the others.  We have four males and two females, one of which laid an egg, causing excitement for the family for a day or two.
 I love them and hopefully, just hopefully the Thanksgiving Inn will be gobbling next year too!








1 comment:

dasrls said...

I want Turkeys so bad! They are adorable!