Sunday, June 8, 2008

Goal!

As most of you know, my family is obsessed with soccer. My kids love the game and Thane and I enjoy having something that we all enjoy as a family. Last week Katie and Jerra both tried out for Rampage teams. Katie made it on her old team, her tryout was great. She really has matured into a great athlete this last year. Of course Jerra made a team also. She is excited and runs on the treadmill almost every night. Her ball skills are getting really good.
This week is the Utah Summer games in Cedar City. Our whole family is going down with Katie's team. I really am excited as we are sharing a dorm room with three other great families. All of the families have kids our kids' ages and we all get along well. It will be fun. We all get to attend the opening ceremonies in which the girls get to walk around the track like regular Olympic athletes. Fireworks, pizza, carnivals, ice cream socials and of course, soccer. I know things are going to be hectic, but I know it will be an experience that the kids will enjoy. Hopefully Katie's' team will win a few games! Wish me luck so I don't go too crazy with all of the chaos.

2 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

How fun! You seem to always be going on some fun adventure. Congratulations Katie and Jerra!

---Allison

Laura said...

Have fun this weekend! We will miss you. I am sure Bodee will be going through EJ withdrawls by the time you get back. Good luck Katie!