Monday, June 2, 2008

To Tube or not to Tube???



Ethan and Bodee, ( Hey, Laura got a picture!!!)

Lava Girl's Rule!!!



Hannah had to have this picture with WARA!


Hey Matt, Lexie doesn't look too thrilled!


Jerra's wedding crew! Ha-Ha!


Tempanyaki at breakfast time! Can you catch an egg in your mouth?




This weekend we went to Lava Hot Springs with two other families, Scott and Tracie and Matt and Laura our neighbors. As if we don't spend enough time together (we all live on the same street) we decided to make it closer than normal and camp within 20 feet of each other for the weekend. Of course, I was more worried because I have the most kids therefore usually that means the most turmoil, most fighting, and loudest trailer. The kids surprised me and all played very well together and there were minimal disagreements. We had a great time, swimming, eating, and tubing the river. I had not tubed the river but Laura convinced us the going to Lava was not complete without trying. I now agree. I loved the river and even little Ethan had to try. I was so nervous that he would fall out of the tube that my arms still hurt from my tight grip. He LOVED it and wanted to go "500" more times. I am sure that river rafting in Lava is just beginning for us. Thanks Laura!
I also enjoyed the company. I think many times we take advantage of seeing each other daily and thinking that we know everything about someone but when you spend time like that together it helps you to really understand how lucky we all are. I find myself fortunate to have such a great extended family, and have never in my life had such great neighbors that I can trully rely on. Family and friends are very important in our lives. I know starting to sound sappy, but before I left I was in one of those down moods and when I returned things were in better perspective! Enough said. Thanks to the Goins' and Fowers', we really had a great time, kids are already talking about next year and the four man tube!


1 comment:

Laura said...

You got some really cute pics! We had so much fun, I am glad you invited us. We will have to make it a tradition for sure. Maybe next year we will have normal June like weather and the water won't be so cold. Thanks for such a good time. Tell Jerra and Katie thank you for being such good baby sitters at t-ball. I owe them one!