Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth, Family and friends!!!











The Fourth of July has always been memorable for me. After I met Thane there were years and years of the Hooper demolition derby and great fireworks. Well as the years have passed, things of course have changed ,this year I believe for the better. My family had a great time. We all love the summer. As the day started the kids and I talked about our freedom and what it meant to each of us. No sooner did I get finished with "my lecture" when they were off forgetting what the meaning of the holiday was all about. Laura and I had decided to pull the kids in the parade pulling them in carts behind the fourwheelers. As I have mentioned in the past, the anticipation of the event makes it so much more fun. Preparing for something is as much fun as doing it. A couple of days ago the kids (along with help from the moms) decorated the four wheeler carts. The kids really had a great time decorating and plotting out their saeting arrangements anticipating the fun. As soon as the day arrived they grabbed their bags of candy Tracey had purchased and they all jumped in for a LONG parade route. The kids enjoyed throwing candy so much that it was GONE before we were half finished with the parade. It was fun for the kids to see people that they knew. After the parade, we had a BBQ at Matt and Laura's we enjoyed each others company while the kids swam. I love to be around people and friends and the kids sure love each other. I have to thank Laura for all the good food and relaxation as I did not do much to prepare for it. Over all I have to say the highlight of the day was the four wheeler polo. Hooper held it's 1st annual four wheeler polo at the rodeo grounds. ATVs entered the arena with two people on them, one was the driver the other had a balloon taped to their head. The object was to be the last one with a balloon inflated. Of course, while talking a few days before the polo we were all going to enter and we teased each other as who would win. When it came right down to it only Scott and Tracey entered. IT was great fun and the kids LOVED it. Although Scott and Tracey didn't win Tracey was the most outgoing and their loss was not due to lack of EFFORT. What fun! We then went to the fireworks, again reminding the kids of the importance of our freedom. Of course on the way home they fought!!! Oh well, my intentions were good and someday maybe it will sink in how lucky and spoiled they all are. Hopefully someday their memories will be worth the EFFORT I put into it. Thanks so much to Tracey, Scott, Matt and Laura for the entertainment. Many times we forget how lucky we are to have such great people in our lives!




2 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

You always seem to make such memorable memories for your family. I unfortunately had to work this weekend, but Tim has some family from out of town that he was able to enjoy the holiday with.

I miss you! We need to get together soon.

Love ya!

---Allison

Laura said...

What great memories we are making. Thanks for making it such a fun day! Love Ya!