Sunday, September 28, 2008

Home on the Fowers' Front!

Quite a regular week! Soccer, Soccer and more Soccer. The kids love it though! Thane and I enjoy it also. It is becoming quite competitive as they get older. Katie's games are so good and she is getting really good. She is currently one point away from the top place in her division and Jerra has won all of her games except one.
Life since the kids started school is a little easier. They are old enough to leave home for a couple hours at a time and Thane and I have enjoyed some much needed one on one time. It is good to talk adult talk and eat slow, instead of sharing my dinner and making 3 trips to the bathroom between bites. Hopefully it can continue for a while.
Katie (I hope she doesn't read this) shaved her legs for the first time last night. I have been encouraging her to do this for quite sometime as she is hairy and always has been. She has been very apprehensive and embarrassed. I have been fine with it up until now because I really don't want her to grow up, but it is time! This morning when I went to get into the bathtub it was covered in HAIR! Guess I will have to teach her to clean it up after she uses it, this is a job she hasn't done well at in the past.
Halloween is coming up and Laura got some passes for one dollar (yes one dollar) to go down to CORNBELLY"S in Lehi at Thanksgiving Point. We had a great time and the kids had more fun. I really enjoyed myself and love to watch the kids enjoy themselves. Katie and Jerra love KOLT and want to help him participate in everything so there were moments when Laura and I got to sit! Fun for all!
The weather is nice and I love the cool mornings, I know that soon Winter will be here and that makes me sad. We had such a great summer! So many fun things! Hopefully the winter will be just as great!

2 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

Oh, I remember being young and hairy (oh who am I kidding, I only shave my legs now when I have to). I seriously can't believe how big your kids are getting. When are we getting together? Love ya!

---Allison

Laura said...

Cute pic your previos post! If only we had our laser hair removal system Katie would never have to learn to shave! Cornbellys was fun, thanks for going with me!