Saturday, April 4, 2009

Allergic to Soccer????

So I know that it has been while. very busy as normal. This past week, Hannah, Jerra and I have been sick with a virus. That would have been fine but on Thursday I broke out with hives from head to toe. Itching, irritated hives, about the time I have itched my hands off the hives would change to my neck! Miserable. So Friday I went to the doctor, yeah me to the doctor. Mom talked me into it. I called four places all had at least one hour wait. The only doctor that could get me in was the "non-preferred one". After he looked in my ears, very lightly, I am sure he couldn't see anything (he wasn't looking good enough), listen to my heart 1.2 seconds. Not even enough to hear a whole beat. Guess what the diagnosis was? He determined it was HIVES!!! Thanks so much!!! I told him what I wanted, and quickly left with my two prescriptions, that I could have called in myself without the appointment all together. I guess maybe there was a lesson behind all of this treating patients with kindness and trying not to have them wait makes you a much better provider, also make sure you look appropriately in their ears. Needless to say the Allegra and Zantac did not work, here I am on Saturday night starting my prednisone. I am not excited about it because I know that it will make me ornery, hungry and swollen, but if it works I guess the terrible side effects are worth it. The funniest thing about all of this is soccer is out of control right now, and so someone today said "Maybe your allergic to soccer". Sounded logical to me!!

1 comment:

The Curtis Family said...

Oh Jody! I am so sorry. I was actually thinking that we still need to get together since I had to cancel when Gavin got sick (and then Ethan, and then Tim). But as of now, I think everyone is on the mend, and as long as the rest of us stay healthy, I would love to see you. Call me when you get feeling better and we will make some plans.