OK this does it a disservice, I want to give him more credit than this. They are worse looking in person, and are all the way down his arm!!! Oh well, camera's don't always work to your liking!
Who do you think won??? Of Course, it was the treadmill. EJ was playing with Bodee on Friday and he had a bright idea. You know when the light bulb comes on above your head, in his case the light bulb was on but in the wrong room! He decided it would be so fun to put a pillow on the treadmill and turn it on to "fly" off. Well, Bodee wanted to give EJ a big ride so her turned the treadmill ALL the way up. Needless to say Laura has a hole in her wall and EJ has burns to at least 10% of his body. NOT FUN! He has been such a trooper and as soon as it happened recited my cell phone number to Laura, (yes she already knows it). His little voice on the phone about broke my heart, and it seemed like forever before I could get home. We made a trip to the Hospital (thanks mom) and all is well. The hardest part about the whole thing is that the wrapping of the wounds is awkward. He is now back to school. I got down on my hands and knees on Sunday after the shock wore off and thanked god for my blessings. These little boys are so active that this could have been a whole lot worse. Maybe, just maybe, this will sink in when they run across the road, ride their four wheelers, or bikes. Maybe god was telling them and us, that we must be grateful and constantly remind our little ones of things that are dangerous. If you would like to see the hole, look at Laura's post!!! Ha Ha!
On a better note, Katie finally got her reflections award on Saturday, yes after the EJ fiasco, we took her to Sandy and she placed "2nd" in the film and video division for the STATE. They reported that out of the 55, 000 entries there were 138 kids whom received awards, pretty amazing! I was so tired during the awards assemble, but it was really fun. Especially to see receiving an award at the state level, Way to go Katie!!
1 comment:
You are right the pictures don't do the wounds justice. He is so tough! He was calming me down! I am glad that he is doing better. Mary Jo stopped me the other day and said the only thing I did wrong was not take a picture. I told her that I was like a chicken with its head cut off there was no time for pictures. And I agree the worst is yet to come with our boys. Wait till we look out in the field and they are shooting each other with pellet guns. Yay!
Post a Comment