
This picture is of the 1500 foot cliff we crawled (via road) The picture gives us no recognition, you can't really see the ledge!

The small spot is the Ranger with my kids in it! Yes, that is the 1500 foot ledge as they are coming through the mountain :)

This is an old bull dozer in a very old mine! As Ethan used to say when he was littler boo dozzer!

always posing, she loved crawling up and yelling "hey mom take my picture!"

Even though this bulldozer was 100 years old, Thane thought he could push it, and EJ wanted to start it (he-he)!

Very old generator used in the mine.

Old car at the mine! It was the early 1900 model. I would have loved to have had it for a yard ornament!

Tusher Tunnel, this tunnel was about 1000 feet through the mountain! Open on both sides, the kids were scared to walk through at first but, it ended up being one of the most favorite spots by the time we got out!

As always EJ is a mountain goat can't get him down! He scales mountains quicker than I can get the camera out. Look really carefully he is at the top!:)

Pretty Hannah, she doesn't even have to try!

This was a very old house we visited on our first night, unsure if it was used for mining.

This was the flue of the house, of course EJ was on the roof!

The window of the house.

As you can see I don't have many pictures of Katie and Jerra, they have outgrown the posing stage, and I have to beg them to get their pictures! I think Katie looks so pretty here!

Cute little EJ, I love him so much!

In the fridge at the old house.

Nothing but smiles, Jerra just being herself.

Ok so as you can tell we were in Moab for the last couple of days. We all love it, as we were coming home Jerra said it is like being in a coffin versus a Mansion (school being a coffin, and Moab being the mansion). It was so great this time as we tried some new trails. With the Ranger we can go on harder trails the kids are seat belted in. It paid off we saw some really neat things. We rode to a very old clay brick house, a very old mine with equipment, and a tunnel through a 500 foot high mountain. The tunnel was 1000 foot through the mountain. I especially enjoyed myself this time, as the kids were so good. Thane and I even got the opportunity to go to dinner together!:) They were perfect and it is nice to have two of them get themselves ready and help to get ready for the daily ride. I am sure that Thane and I never had a argument! Yipee! The kids love the hotel, the free breakfast, and especially the swimming pool. We spent at least one hour every night there. I love that I don't have to get up, I don't have a cell phone, and can spend my time in a great place with the best company ever!
Moab is so beautiful the pictures really don't give it justice. We can't wait to go again.
2 comments:
I really hope that first cliff isn't as bad as it looks! It scares me to death seeing the pic of the Ranger on it! Your Moab was our Lake Powell. Your children will cherish these trips forever! Now, sometime, you must take your old mother again......ha! Mommy
You always go to such fun places. What an awesome mom you are! I got your hint on my post, so I will post something soon. Also, are you too busy to get together? Tim keeps reminding me to call you and set something up (my treat). He is feeling much better and wants you to know how grateful he is. Anyway, call me and let's make a date!
Post a Comment