So I know that I am a week late but, have been so busy with school starting ad of course a soccer tournament. I had an uneventful birthday. August is really hard, as the farm is in full swing, and Thane barely has time to breathe trying to get it all done. He usually makes it up to me.
Katie was the star of my birthday this year. I have known for a long time that Katie was working on something secretive. I was not sure who it was for. It was for ME! Katie has been cross stitching two pictures for me for the last 6 months. She is amazing. I can not believe she has such great talent because I can't even sew a button on my pants. She made me two pictures, and I loved them. They were one of my most favorite presents ever, and she totally surprised me with them. My mom had been helping her, and took them to get them framed and matted. Did I say I love them!!! I have taken them both to my work places and everyone can't believe that a 13 year old could do so well. Happy Birthday to me~ (a special thanks to my mom, for helping her and paying too much to get the framed professionally). I love you Katie, those pictures we be happily displayed forever!
1 comment:
Baby girl....I had such fun working with Bug on those pictures! We had something in common and she really became my little bug again while she was working on them (instead of the distant teenager she can sometimes be!) I knew you would keep those pics in your office forever; that's why I wanted to frame them well. You will always think of your daughter and Nannie working together on them (well, she did all the work; I supervised a bit!) and that makes me SO happy. I knew you would love them more than anything....and you never disappoint me! Love Mommy
Post a Comment