Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thought for the day.

Just had a patient come in today.  I had never met her before but found her stories quite interesting.  Her husband had died 5 years ago from a bee sting.  I am assuming he was no older than 65.  I was immediately attracted to her personality, she had a aura to her, and I could tell she was a genuinely happy person.  When I left the room, I tole her that she had inspired me today and that I would try and look at the bright side of things (been having a hard time because I have been working so much). 
   After she left the receptionist, came back and handed me a laminated card that this patient had left me.  Here is what it said.

"I am determined to be HAPPY in whatever situation I may be in --- for I have learned from experience that the Greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not our circumstances!"


PROFOUND!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Amazing isn't it. I think people come and go from your life for different reasons. Apparently, someone, or something knew you needed a little help looking on the "bright side." Your happiness and family inspires Amber and I more than you will ever know.

dasrls said...

That is amazing. A month ago while I was at the Dr. a cute little girl came and sat next to me and talked and talked. When she was called back she handed me a Jumanji card with the lion on it! Hahahaha I thought it was cute and it is still in my wallet. Not sure what it mean's but hey I will keep it anyway!