So I know that I am a month late, but I have been so busy at work, and soccer games and Arizona that I just haven't had the time.
Easter this year was fun, the weather was not the best, but about the time we had to hunt for Easter eggs, it cleared up in enough time for us to hunt. Nannies' Easter egg hunt has always been so fun. The last couple of years we have not had it for one reason or another. This year it re-appeared. Boy were the kids excited! Nannie and grandpa's egg hunt is different, the eggs are not just filled with candy, they have money in them. Everyone runs to collect the eggs and the person who finds the most eggs gets an monetary prize. The eggs are then all put in the middle and one by one the kids get to pick an egg. This is a great way to make sure that everyone gets equal eggs. The eggs are then open and whatever amt of coins you have you get to keep. Kids end up with about 10-12 bucks in coins. The kids really like it, even I enjoyed finding a few eggs myself.
We then went inside and had a really good dinner. I really enjoyed myself. Easter is fun as the stress is minimal and we all know that spring is here and the weather is imporving, hopefully!
2 comments:
Baby Girl....you don't realize how happy it makes me to see this posted and as "Nannie's Egg Hunt!" I do these things because I love all of you so much and want the kids to have good memories of their Nannie and Grandpa - it's kind of a selfish reason! I didn't have many memories of my grandparents - or even my mom - so I try hard and am happy when y'all realize that. Thank you. Mommy
I think you should name it Jess's Egg Hunt next year just to get under mother's skin. I know, I am rotten.
Post a Comment