Sunday, June 12, 2011

The wedding dress


The other day, when the weather was so wet Thane brought my wedding dress up, it had been put in a box and sealed by my mom almost 19 years ago.  Well the box had gotten a little wet, I was so worried.  I quickly removed the sealed box and thankfully it was not even the least bit damp.  Once the box was open the vultures (the girls) wanted to see the "old" wedding dress.  In the end, all of them tried it on, BUT when I put it on Katie it fit.  It was even a little snug zipping it up.  I was so shocked that I have ever been that thin, and that I had a daughter old enough to even fit in my dress!  I had a few tears.  As soon as Katie told me that the dress was not her style, I stopped packed the OLD dress back up and put on the top shelf!
Hopefully by the time she gets married at 30 (LOL) it will be back in style.  Wishful thinking!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, that is just strange!!! I can't believe she fit into the dress. Before we know it that will be for real.

mommy1 said...

You and Nicki tried on my wedding dress (which you have) when you were about 12 and you both thought it was 'old' and 'ugly' also - what goes around comes around -
Your OLD wedding dress was beautiful, as were you, when you wore it 19 years ago. You are MORE beautiful now, even if you are a little heavier, because your inside is more mature. I was proud of you on your wedding day and I am prouder of you now. That 'old' wedding dress was part of the 'process'; cherish it! Love Mommy