Tuesday, June 28, 2011

running????

running for us is "common".  On any various day we have four to five different things that the kids are involved in.  Thursday seems to be the worse.  I am not sure if it is the day to schedule things or it is that I am more tired because I work late on Wednesday night and am so tired by Thursday night that things seem harder. 
   Because this is a diary type blog, I will review one day of running a couple of weeks ago.  Came home at 4:30pm, Ethan was returning from scouts he had a 4pm.  Ethan had a 5:30pm game got there at 5 pm, watched him until 5:50pm, and took Hannah to practice at 6pm.  Katie had a game at 6pm and Thane had taken her.  At six Hannah had to be to practice, in Roy.  Left EJ at his game and took Hannah up to her practice.  At 6pm Jerra also had a meeting for the WH youth council at the West Haven park, luckily, it was the same park that EJ was at so she walked to her meeting while I was dropping Hannah off.  I returned and picked up EJ and Jerra, dropped Jerra off at Mutual at the church and returned to get Hannah.  Thane returned with Katie at about eight and we sat down to have dinner!    Oh forgot to add in the meetings with Katie and Hannah each team needed them to have a hundred dollar deposit for their new uniforms and I was out of checks!  Aggh. 
   What I initially began writing this blog about was physical running.  Jerra has taken up long distance running.  I am very proud of her.  She has ran 5 k's before and always ran greater than 40 minutes.  Lately she has been conditioning everyday.  I did sign her up for the 5K at the summer games and she knows that she has the potential to have a medal, this is made her very motivated. 
   This past weekend, before work I dropped Jerra off at the West Point youth council 5K and Olympic games.  She was there by herself with five other youth council members.  She ran the 5K BY HERSELF, and took second place!  She was beat by two seconds, as a boy ran up from behind her winning the race or she would have won!  She ran the race in 24 minutes!  I was shocked, but not surprised as Jerra has grown so much in the past six months.  I was proud of her, and in addition West Haven won the Golden Buffalo award winning the whole day!  It was a great day for Jerra, thanks West Haven youth council!




Jerra, Jerra, Jerra,
    Boy, Do I love you and your crooked smile.  You are growing by leaps and bounds and those beautiful long legs scare me, as I know that someday a man is going to be looking at them!  I love your happiness and your passion for life.  I love that you let things just "roll" off your shoulders, and that when something bothers you it is truly legitimate.  I love your attitude and the ambition to look your best and care for yourself.  I love that you have learned to do your own laundry!  I hope that you see how proud dad and I are of you, and I am glad that you have found your niche with running.  Keep it up and Good luck at the summer games!

Love mommy. 
    

No comments: