Well I know that the summer games was almost three weeks ago, but since then I have not had an official day off until today....
The Games were probably the best that I have been too, not because we took the gold because we did not even medal, but the mere fact that we didn't win. Looking back some of the best times are not because we didn't come out on top. I think the team and Katie learned more this year than they did when the took the gold the last two years. You have to learn to lose before you love to win. The girls did so well and won both of their first preliminary games putting them into the semifinals against the lowest ranked team. We all assumed that the gold was just going to "happen for us". That was the problem, too much confidence both with the parents and the girls! The girls lost in a shoot out! Then turned around and lost again, not getting any chance at a medal. All is well!! It is not about the medal but all of the fun that the we had.
Jerra on the other hand, ran the 5K and took Bronze. She ran the race in 25 minutes and about 40 seconds. The only two that placed ahead of her in her division we both 15 year old, and one of them took second best time overall! Good job Jerra! Keep running, you get better each time. It was so great to see her smiling so big when she stood on the podium to get her medal. I love you Jo, Jo!!!
Coach Brian
Good times.!!! At the BBQ
Game one score three to zero, for us!
The 50 plus fans, yes we are the parents too! LOL
Game two, four to two (for us).
The kids just run and play at the games, we stay in the college dorms and there were times that I did not see Ethan for hours, (bad mom). He did not shower the whole time we were there. The good news, I really trust all of the team parents, we look after all the kids and I felt safe knowing he was with SOMEONE :)I love this picture of Jerra, although I wish we could see more of her eyes, she is getting pretty, and her hair is gorgeous!
Oh there you are Ethan, who brought you to the game?
This is pics of the opening ceremonies, great fun, one of the highlights of the games. It is just like the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, the athletes all march into the stadium at the first of the show.
This is the Jazz Bear on his motorcycle doing his tricks, He ziplined into the arena!
The doors of the dorms are decorated each year, by a mom, They were so cute this year.
Jerra ran the 5K the last day, one of my best memories of the games.
Here she comes!!! She took 33rd place overall racing over 200 runners. Not bad!Proud mommy!!!
My bronze medalist :)
At the end of the games, one of the mom's brings 50 cans of silly string and we get to go get the girls with it. It is so fun! The kids love to have fight with it.
Not always winners, but never losers!! I love this girl!!!
This is what happens as soon as we get into the truck to come home. No one sleeps at the summer games, and we all come home exhausted!!!! But full of memories, never to forget!!
Until 2012.....
No comments:
Post a Comment