Twin lakes has come and went. It was very different this year. Unlike the other years, Twin lakes was without extended family. It was really nice. I told myself that I was going to make it as stress free as possible, and even though the families fend for themselves, it was easier to just be me this year. Matt and Laura joined us, it was really fun and relaxing. I was able to read, eat what and when I wanted, no planned meals, and no planned activities. The only pitfall of the trip was that there was rain both afternoons, but it turned out okay. When we got caught in the rain, we played games and survived. Although we would like to have had more "tube" time I really enjoyed myself.
Matt and Laura have wave runners and that made it really fun. Jerra and Hannah loved them and came home wanting to "buy some" as if it was that easy.
On Saturday, I was out with Hannah on the wave runner and Matt came out on the other wave runner to get us, telling us that Ethan had cut his foot and needed stitches. In my mind, I was sure that it would not result to that, but I was mistaken. I came back and Ethan had stepped on a piece of glass in the water. His toe had a 1/2 inch laceration to the bottom of his fourth toe. AGGH! If only I would have been closer to work. I tried to encourage ethan to let me sew him up, that lasted about 2 minutes, without the proper supplies I would not be able to do it. Besides, he is my child and I am not convinced I could do it anyway. Off to Preston we went, him and I (me carrying him on my back) to the emrgency room. Within about two hours, we were back. All is well, and EJ was so brave, he got two lottery tickets and a slushie out of the deal! I am sure that this is just the beginning of unexpected injuries. Thank god for Aflac!!!
Thanks to Laura and Matt and the good food, it was a great time. I love Twin Lakes.
1 comment:
Sounds like you DON'T want your Mommy at Twin Lakes with you anymore - HA!
Post a Comment