Without Freedom, where would we be????
Yesterday, I spent most of the day pondering this question. For some reason this year it hit me. I truly felt the meaning of the fourth of July. In the morning, Jerra and I got up bright and early to take Jerra to the 5k at Farr West. As we were finishing the race (Jerra took 1st in her age division!!!) the Fratenal order of Eagles were racing the flag and someone was singing the star spangled banner. I instantly began thinking, what if I could not make the choice to be here? What if I was forced to be somewhere else.
I then came home and the Hispanic people were in the field behind our house, weeding the onions. They were working hard in the hot heat. Did they make the choice to be there? I am confident that they work hard and some are not in our country legally. They chose to be here, because of the freedom, and they are likely getting paid what they are worth, because they are here illegally. It made me realize how lucky I was to be born into this country, to not be forced to make the choice, but to have it given to me.
The day was uneventful. We participated in the Farr West parade, for the clinic. The kids passed out beads and bubble gum. We all had a great time. Nannie went and enjoyed her time. On the way home, we picked up some fireworks, and came home to have naps! Yipee, first nap in over 2 months! I cleaned my dirty car, went for a run with Katie and ended the day with the Hooper Fireworks, (which included many duds LOL Thane). Throughout the day EVERYTHING I did I chose, no one told me what to do, and I tried to enjoy my freedom. With a busy lifestyle, that frequently overwhelms me I must realize I live the life I love. I chose my destiny, good or bad. I am grateful for my freedom.
(will post pics as soon as I can, have them of the parade and Jerra)
No comments:
Post a Comment