Spent Labor day in Cub River with the Simpson fmaily and had a BALL!!!! I really needed the break, and turned off my cell phone as soon as we pulled in. We rode all day Saturday and Sunday traveling total about 100 miles in the Ranger and motorcycles. It was perfect weather and the sites were beautiful. So much fun, the kids are old enough that we can let them go with little worry. Nice!!!
We took Ethan's motorcyle and Him and Jerra fought the whole weekend on who was going to ride it. Time for a bigger bike for Jerra, me, and dad, to all use. I rode Stacie's Fat Cat and quite enjoyed it. Maybe we will consider it??We went to the Paris Ice Caves, we all had been there previouly but found the "cavern" this time and crawled on our hands and knees through a tunnel into the ice cavern, very dark but exciting. Ethan, Thane and I were the only in our familyu to go, the girls were afraid.
This is the top of the cave looking down, the kids Crawl out, I walk out the entrance!
EJ and Hannah posing.
During our rides everyone had time for a nap. The ranger is a PERFECT place to snuggle up in the backseat with a blanket and sleep. We had another Ranger and three motorcycles and so there was plenty of room for kids to relax.
This was one of the three lakes at Bloomington, we hiked to. Fortunately we got to see this momma moose gettting a drink.
Here is Bloomington lake it is so beautiful and there is a perfect spot for people to swing out on a rope swing into the lake, too cold and too high for us.
Kids posing on the log for my portrait, I wanted a good picture they wanted to forget it and leave. I had to improvise and just hurry and take the picture.
The first lake of the three was the biggest hit for the kids, (the least pretty of the three). The kids spent an hour catching baby frogs and salamanders. They loved it and we made them put them back when they were done, can't imagine dying as a frog in a water bottle in a polaris Ranger! Not an easy death on the way back to camp, needless to say we put them all back!!
Here is my little Pastrada, He never wanted to get off, and although we had a few times when he should have hit the brakes and didn't; all was really okay. He was so upset when Jerra wanted a chance to drive and would quickly ask me when it was his turn again. He really did well with his driving, and is quickly learning how to shift on those steep hills. He is also learning how to pick up his bike and get back on, we tipped over quite a few times, in the ruts, and on hills!
Dad helping EJ, to make sure chest protection was on, and helmet was snapped, so if he tipped over he would not knock out his teeth I pay the ortho to straighten!
The second day Katie drove the Ranger the whole day and did such an excellent job. I relaxed in the seat next to her, she is going to be a great driver as she has alot of experience with the tractor, the Ranger and driving my car, to get diet cokes at the Hooper Store. She drove the Ranger into Bear Lake (actually Fish Haven and we all indulged in Raspberry Shakes after eating Lunch! FUN DAY!
Stacie Brought desserts every night YUM :). The last night we made the best dessert called "woofums" Scone dough is wrapped about a dowel and cooked over a fire, then cherry or apple pie filling and whip cream put in the "hole" and eaten like a turnover. I used raspberry honey butter and it was heaven. The kids ate three each, and woofums lived up to their name WOOF UM UP! Thanks to the Simpson's we always have such a good time when we go with them, and they are great companions. They were so good to us allowing us to use their motorcycles and eat their desserts even love on their dog Tinky (Hannah loved this!)
1 comment:
Jody...great pictures. Now I'm sorry I didn't come with you! Maybe next year????? I really miss camping.
Post a Comment