Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Perfect Mommy

Yesterday Hannah told me that I was the perfect mommy :).  I hear compliments from her, more than any other child, although when she said it I immediately looked at her thinking that she wanted something. 
   I savored the moment and then quickly wondered what it was that made her feel that way.  Tuesdays are my day off, and I have the time to "be a perfect mom".  Funny, being a perfect mom makes me tired. 
  Today, I woke up at 6:45am and took the girls to school.  They love when they don't have to ride the 30 minute bus ride to school.  For me it is fifteen minutes one on one with them to talk about the upcoming day, plus Katie runs in to get my morning diet coke on our way.  Come home and get the kids ready, send them off on the bus and get the house cleaned up.  Today I cleaned their closets, as clothes are strewn everywhere, vacuum, clean bathrooms and make a "decent" dinner. 
    At noon, I go to school lunch with the twins.  Of course the best time is when they see me and they can't wait to come stand by me acting like me coming to lunch is the best thing that ever happened!  They sit at the lunch table with me and the friends surround us, ten minutes, they are done eating and want to go out to recess telling me it is time to go!
    Come home, finish cleaning, exercise and  run a few errands.  Stop by Rocky Mountain to pick up the girls, so they don't have to ride the bus home!  They are as excited to see me as the kids were at lunch, and as they jump in the car are full or words describing their day!  For a  FEW minutes I feel like the PERFECT mom (although they will never tell me that). 
    Come home and get ready for football, and soccer, get homework done, and read to the kids at night.  They LOVE for me to read to them every night.  We are working on comprehension and vocabulary, they do not love that so much!  Go to jump in the tub, and QUICKLY three of the four kids are sticking their feet in the tub interrupting my only peace of time during the day. LOL, how did this start, do they not know that it is NOT normal to sit on the tub with their feet in the tub while I am bathing.  Mom told me not to let them in the tub with me anymore, but she did not tell me that I couldn't let them stick their feet in!  AGGH!
    What the kids do not understand is that I do a better job at being a good mom when I am HOME and do not have to work.  BUT, I also have to be the perfect nurse practitioner, Mom, granddaughter, wife, banker, cooker, driver, organizer and person.  I can do one thing well, but not all things PERFECT!  I am hopeful that Hannah does think that I am perfect for a while longer as she is still little, but as she grows I am hopeful that she understands that to be perfect is not as important as to do your best when you can and understand that all things are not perfect!  Including me!  Until Next Tuesday, when I can be the perfect mom again :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

What about the perfect sister? I think you do that one pretty well too . . . love ya sis.