Monday, October 1, 2012

Reminder.... August sucks!

So here I sit at seven thirty in the morning, in SLC at a Fremont cross country meet. Last night I did not get home until seven thirty, at which point we ate take out. Thane was baling hay and had already dropped two kids off earlier while I was working. I finished work and picked up dinner, picked the two up and returned home. Dinner was cold; we heated it up, ate, relaxed for an hour ,and went to bed. This morning woke up at six fifteen, got Hannah ready, and took off to drop Katie of at work, and get to the SLC track meet. Here I sit, wondering what I will do when the kids are gone.


The main reason of this blog post was to remind myself that August and the first part of September suck!!!! The kids are all in multiple things at this time a year and we can barely breathe. Thane made a very profound comment to me the other day, when I was so down in the dumps, and experiencing complete exhaustion, at 8:30 in the morning! He told me that right now the tide was in, and we were ready to drown in “chaos”, BUT that the end of September the tide would “go out”. Somehow that has stuck with me the whole week. I have tried to keep my head above water, knowing that I only had to doggy paddle for a few more weeks. Seeing an end is encouraging, although it is not the END, I can work at a slower pace.

The kids are doing well, at our expense. Ethan is ready to finish football, and although they have not won a game, he loves it. I am not real competitive so if I feel as if he enjoys it and is not dissatisfied, so I am. Ethan is still really little and is about 16 inches shorter than Hannah. He likes school, but doesn’t love it. He LOVES the iPad! We have a really hard time at keeping him off it. EJ is pretty awesome at football, although being so little it is hard to find him a position. His endurance and speed surpass everyone on his team. He has always been the strong willed determined child.

Hannah is still happy Hannah. Not much gets her down. She is playing comp soccer and is also one of the stars of her team. She practices three times a week and has two games a week, making it hard for us. She never complains. Hannah is a homebody, and loves to play in her room, many times this is concerning, I want her involved with us. Hannah is very well rounded, and tolerates almost everything. I woke her up this morning unexpectedly to take with me and there were not any complaints, she got up got ready and was willing to go.

Jerra has really bosomed this year. Jerra is running cross country for Fremont. This was unexpected as she is not going to the school, but was asked to join the team after one of her five K’s. We really did not want her to do it; I had no way to get her to Fremont after school. Unexpectedly we found some girls that were going over for tennis and found her a ride. If I would have known how she would do I would not have questioned getting her over there. Here I sit and she is going to run Varsity today. My 9th grader is running varsity! In previous races she has come in 9th and 10th out of about 60 girls. I am amazed at how she does, and she too never complains. She goes to Fremont every day sometimes running as much as eight miles. Two days a week, she goes right from cross country to soccer practice and runs more. She is so happy, and I have never seen her enjoy something so much.

Katie continues to thrive. She is working as a referee for Clinton City. She likes work and is beginning to get the interest of the boys. She started high school this year, and the transition was smooth. She has hard classes, including AP European History, but is doing well. She continues to do really well is soccer, and is playing on a top team that has not lost. It is fun to see her grow, and mature into adulthood. She did get her permit and is a real good driver. I cannot wait until she is able to help me. Katie is about 4 inches taller than me and about 80 pounds less than me. How great it is to be an active “skinny” teenager!

All and all, they are doing well, as Thane often says things could be worse, we could be making trips to Primary children’s with a kid with cancer! He’s right, and I am grateful for what I have, just moving so fast right now doesn’t have time to stop and smell the roses.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love hearing about the family. Somehow the stories seem to bring us closer to home. We love and miss you guys!!!