We spent about three days in France, first stop was Lyon. Arriving in Lyon the third night was hard. My knee still hurt and EVERYONE spoke French! This was the way the whole trip was but, getting used to this the first couple of days was difficult. I have not had to rely on someone else to communicate for me, and Jess was the only one who could. We ate that night at McDonald's, believe it or not, and it was fun, as I was in France eating at McDonald's! McDonald's in France serves beer!
Lyon was the only place we did not have a house. We stayed in a small hotel and we were all tired. In the morning, we awoke and Jess surprised me telling me we were going to go to my first Cathedral! We made our way through the beautiful city and my first site of the cathedral overwhelmed me! It is very difficult to explain to someone who has not see Europe the architecture there. It is so very old and veryunique. I was very overwhelmed in a way I had not ever been in my life. I remember the streets leading up to the Cathedral being very narrow, (little did I know that they were some of the wider ones we would travel). I tried to hold my excitement in, as I did not want to seem like at idiot!
I remember going into the Cathedral with Jesse and Darien (Amber had to stay outside with the dog, we took turns), the beauty was amazing. I sit here now trying to put it in words, and there are not words to describe it. It turned out to be an amazing day. We ate lunch, next to the cathedral and the view of city. The boys played and were more interested in the "stucco workers" than the things that they had just witnessed. Hopefully they will one day understand although, they are much more "used to it" than I am.
At each cathedral Jess and Darien or Amber and Darien lit a candle and said a Prayer, it was very special to me and sealed moments that I keep in my heart, always!
This was a picture of a Kit Kat in the Candy machine, I was shocked that it was all in French, if I could have brought it home I would have. Next best thing take a picture of it!
1 comment:
such wonderful, wonderful memories. I am SO glad you went!
Post a Comment