Marseille was the first city where I started to feel a little more at ease with Europe. I felt more safe and knew that I could work my way around the language if I needed too. The first day in Marseilles we hiked a HUGE hill to get to the basilica that I wanted to see. This was one thing that I had requested to see before leaving the states, and of course Jess made sure that we went there. We all made it up to the top and I found that my knee was getting better. It was as beautiful as the one in Lyon, but I must say that every basilica and cathedral I saw throughout the WHOLE trip was completely different from the next. Surprisingly, each one thrilled me! This basilica was extra neat as you could see the whole city and, being a port city you could also overlook the Mediterranean.
As we were making our way up, I noticed a soccer field, no matter where I was on this trip soccer found me! It was EVERYWHERE! I thought that it was big in my life in the states, it is much bigger in Europe! A soccer field, nice and green in front of a 800 year old basilica!
Hard for me to believe that this basilica was over 800 years old. believe it or not this was one of the "younger ones'!
The next day, we woke up and Darien wanted to ride the train, I was not disappointed with this decision, as it was a trip around this beautiful city. After the train, we had dinner and ice cream. The ice cream was one of my most memorable times with Jax, as he insisted on sharing with me. I have not had uch of a chance to really get to know him. He was born in Germany, and although I saw him in October, he is really attached to Momma and could not really talk and explore as much as Darien then. THat really changed when I was in Europe. He was so funny sharing his ice cream with me, and that memory in the ice cream shop will stick with me forever. Sometimes as with me kids, doesn't matter where you are, the little moments are much more improtnat that the big ones!
I loved the pharmacies in Europe and tried everywhere we went to get a picture with each one! They were everywhere and so different from ours, especially in Morocco!
No comments:
Post a Comment