Monday, September 22, 2014

Valencia

Valencia was very fun and very different from Barcelona. We were back in the "old" town and the very, very old buildings.  I loved the old towns, narrow streets  diverse people, churches, and culture.
    One of the days we drove into Valencia and were we not quite sure what to expect.  We were pleasantly surprised.  The older places were in the center of the city.  There was a basilica and a cathedral.  We had heard that the cathedral help the Holy Grail (the cup that Jesus drank out of), but we were just not sure that this info was true.  Well it was.  This was another one of my spiritual moment.  In the area where the Holy grail was housed there were singers as there had just been a wedding.  I felt "heavenly", and loved the cathedral.  Loved the feeling!
   In the middle of the city where the cathedral and the basilica were there was a little city shopping area, there were meat stores, veggie stores, and a small "swap meat" we shopped and bought "trinkets".  I really liked this as it was in the center of the city.  During our drive of the city we also passed a old Bull fighting ring, we were not able to stop and see it, but I never expected that I would be able to see one.  These were really not located in areas that we traveled, and seeing one was really neat and looked just as I expected. 
 

This was the city square, and in the middle where I am standing there were performers, and lots of people!  This was the Basilica and Cathedral.  Jax loved attention this day and usually he is not the one that is in the spotlight, so I tried to suck it up! 

The outside and the inside of the cathedral, as you can see EVERY cathedral is different from the next.  NONE of the looked the same! 


This is the Holy Grail! Very neat and special, to me as I felt close to God in many ways during this trip!

another "Spanish" pharmacy! 
Many would argue that I was Dr. Sweet but????  

On the way to Valencia we ran into this old fortress, Unfortunately they would not allow dogs so it was only me, Darien and Jesse, (I hated leaving Amber)!  It was so neat and I know I say everything is a highlight but it was.  We walked through it and it made me feel like a real knight, (I would rather be a knight than a queen or a princess).  It had a real well where they got water and a large bell.  It was on top of a mountain where they would watch out for enemies.  Very old, early 1400's!






Valencia was really different from the other places in Spain, as we stayed on the beach.  This was not on the beach of the Ocean this was the beach of the Mediterranean Sea.  I kind of wondered if this would be different from the beaches I had seen while at the oceans, but it really wasn't.  It was fun to see Jess, Amber and the kids enjoy themselves on the beach, they had not been to as many beaches as me recently.  They have been living Inland!  This was one thing I had on them!  The "sea" was different in the face that there were not any sea shells.  This was slightly disappointing because I would have liked to collected them with the kids. 
   We stayed at a house that was right on the beach and we waled down the beach walk and found one of the only places to eat and had ice cream both days we were there.  The boys liked this place alot, and it was one of there favorites, because they could run and pay and there was lots of open room.





Jess held up his "fresh" seafood, and then of course D had to as well, he had Chicken nuggets of course!  LOL



One of my favorite pictures, as little do they or their parents know that one of these days they will be best of friends and in the next minute fighting over socks(wonder how I know that)!!!!!
    Valencia was neat, but remember by this time I was missing my kids. There were so things that I was seeing that I wanted them to see!  Off to Granada!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am SO glad you had the opportunity to visit Spain with your baby brother!