Hard to believe but I am a proud mommy of two Fremont High school graduates! Many mom's were crying at graduation, no tears where shed from this momma. I am so excited to see what they will do next. I am not trying to hurry through life, it is fast enough, although seeing them become independent is really all I ever wanted when they were born. I remember telling mom when the twins were born, that I only had eighteen years left. She physically grabbed my cheeks telling me I was mistaken, "you have them until you are dead"! At that time, I set a goal to make it a lifelong goal, to teach them to be independent but remind them where they came from. Maybe a little egotistical, but I am so proud of the parenting Thane and I have done. They are becoming more than I imagined. I am proud that they are in love with life, and work hard but find the time, to enjoy the moments, (although Katie will not dance in the rain with me).
Jerra.... where do I begin. Jerra is the most well rounded child we have. Her senior year she had her hands in EVERYTHING! She was a Pawprint newspaper editor, she ran varsity cross country and track (lettering in each every year, total of 8 letters, 4 cross country, 3 track, and 1 Journalism). She works at the Gap a couple of times per week, and this last year was an intern at the kindergarten. Being that diverse, allowed her to let go of me faster, I am having a hard time with this because I see her turning to Kaden instead of her dad and I. As hard as this is, it is what I wished for when she was born. Remember Jody, your job is to raise and let them be independent and happy!
Jerra graduated with a 3.75 cumulative, and cords for journalism (3.958 this last semester). She is an amazing runner and wirter, two things that I am not sure she got from us. SHe has a way with words that I envy, and I have always wanted to run even just 4-5 miles. Jerra finished her first half marathon this morning, with a time of one hour and 40 minutes! OMG, so proud of her.
Jerra is going to Utah State in August, and is so excited to have her own room in an apartment she is sharing with 4 other girls. Of course, her best friend, and boyfriend Kaden is up there to. I think she was kind of pushed to be an aggie? I am reassured that she has him, as I know he is her partner in crime and will look out for my little girl. I am sad but excited that I can still see her on most weekends and she is close enough that it let's her go "easy".
I find it hard to believe that my little pukey, blanket lipper, lop sided pony tail girl has become a woman. BUT she has superseded my expectations, right next to Katie (who still are best friends, despite what they think). Two down two to go! One proud momma, without any tears!













1 comment:
You and Thane SHOULD be proud! You two have done an amazing job with your kids. You've taught them what is important in life, even though they have so much of everything else! Just wait until they are almost 44 and you see them raising their OWN families SO well because you taught them well - THEN you can be proud....and cry....and pray to me that you understand how very hard it is to REALLY let them go! Good job, Momma. Love you forever.....mommy
Post a Comment