Sunday, April 27, 2008

Figuring things out!

Well I think that I finally figured this out thanks a bunch to Allison! I hope that the picture I try to post in the "middle" works.
Today has been a good and bad day. Just been feeling down lately and should be grateful but don't always feel that way. Seems like about the time I get things in the house the way I want them they are messed up again. I feel as if I am constantly tugged on from all directions and not a moment goes by when someone isn't calling my name (mom is my name). Someone is always hungry, someone always is fighting, and of course someone always needs money for something. Am I doing things right? Do I scream too much? Most days I feel as if I could just have a few minutes to myself without anyone I wouldn't be so crazy! I remember my mom saying that raising kids is like being pecked to death by chickens. I feel as if I am being pecked alot ALL of the time, but I never die? Is there such things as being tortured by a chicken beak? Oh well, enough complaining. For all you mom's out there cheers to you, I know we all feel this way, hopefully it soon passes. ( as Ethan is yelling at Jerra because she won't let him play the video game MOM, JERRA IS NOT LETTING ME PLAY THE WII WITH HER!). Back to the grind! Jody

2 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

I think chicken beak torture can be classified as cruel and unusual punishment :). I am sorry you are feeling this way. When I look at you I am always in awe at how much you do for (and with) your kids. I KNOW that you are an amazing mother. If you only knew how much I yelled and how chaotic our house is, you wouldn't feel so bad. If you ever want to get away from the pecking, call me and we can do dinner or something. Don't be so hard on yourself. Your only one person, and a WONDERFUL one at that! Love ya!

---Allison

Laura said...

I am glad you posted about the hardships of life. It seems as though everyone including myself post about how great things are. But the truth is that most of the time being a mom is really hard. I admire you for everything you do everyday for four kids. My two is enough to drive me crazy sometimes! You moms with 2+ have some serious stamina!