So, I think that I am feeing better. Today was my day off and I accomplished the things that seem to improve me sense of being! I cleaned lights and scrubbed my kitchen chairs and table. I remember when I was a young girl and my mom made me do these jobs for extra money during the summer. I dreaded this as a child,but welcomed it today. I was excited to have my two hours alone doing something that made me feel better. I called work this morning to talk about something and the receptionist found it humorous that I was so excited to be home alone cleaning my lights! As I hung up I remembered that she did not have any children and probably thought that I was insane for finding enjoyment in cleaning. Oh well, the time will come and she will find that extra minutes by yourself are priceless even if you are cleaning dusty lights!
Later this afternoon, I decided that the girls and I were going to get a new kitten. I have been thinking about it alot lately. I was hopeful that a new pet would help Hannah learn how to care for an animal and be a companion for are existing cat Hershey when we were gone for the day. Well, my wonderful plan backfired! As soon as we arrived home with the new kitten, Hershey decided she was the queen of the house and attacked the newest member of our family. Within 1 1/2 hour cats separated, kids crying, and Thane screaming that I had made the biggest mistake ever, I took the cat to the Weber County Animal Shelter, for fear that Hershey would kill it. My bright idea not so bright! Lesson learned: MY PLATE IS FULL ENOUGH!!!!! Love ya all Jody
1 comment:
Oh Jody! I am sorry that your good intentions backfired, but I have to admit that being on the outside it seems kind of funny. (Does that make me bad?) I am glad that you got a few things done that made you feel better. I totally know how those small things can just weigh on your mind and drive you crazy until they are taken care of. It's crazy that those things (for me it is dirty baseboards and fingerprints on the walls) can make me feel like I am somehow failing as a wife and mother until they are taken care of. I guess I just have to learn that I am only one person and can't be responsible for EVERYTHING. (But it still bugs me). Take care!
---Allison
Post a Comment