So we went to Moab this weekend. I really love Moab. I am sure that it is because it is enjoyable for all of our family. When everyone is enjoying themselves then mom enjoys herself. When in Moab, I fell closer to god, the beauty of our state is breathtaking. Many people don't' realize the beauty we have here. I found myself taking a deep breath and praying to god how lucky I am to be able to enjoy it with my family. Now of course the girls understand and appreciate the beauty but the twins enjoyed the movies in the truck, the hotel swimming pool and attempting to catch lizards on the red rocks. Oh Well, mommy really enjoyed herself and that is so important.
Katie really impressed me this trip. As always she rode her own four wheeler, driving it independently. And as always Thane and I were very careful with her safety. She surprised me with her logic. She is growing emotionally and is beginning to make adult decisions (imagine that). I noticed that she was more apprehensive with the steep hills, taking them slowly, and would slow down for the mountain bikers as she should, and she would brake when appropriate. I see her growing in many different ways. She absolutely adores her dad and I found her trying every chance she got this weekend trying to prove to him that she could do it. She helped him alot and seemed really proud when he told complimented her on a job well done! I like to see the interaction between the two of them.
Of course all good things must come to an end, and coming home was not as fun as going. I had to fit many loads of laundry, preparing for the week, and grocery shopping in Sunday afternoon. By Monday I was feeling the effects and I have not quite caught up even as of tonight. OH well, the trip was worth the little extra business to be done this week.
3 comments:
I am glad that you were able to get away with your family and have a fun time in Moab. I have only been there once when I was in college. You will have to let me know all of the family hot spots. I hope your week has been good. It's not fun playing catch up. Take care!
---Allison
Hey Jody!
It took me a while to figure this all out as well. To get pictures in the middle, simply go to where you write a new post and there is a little tab at the top that looks like a mountain scene and says "add image" when you point to it. Just follow the directions from there to upload pictures from your computer. As far as adding lists on your side bar, go to your blog layout and click on the "add a page element" link. Go to the "configure list". Just type in the name of what you want to show on your blog in the space titled "add list item". Then click on the "create link" symbol just to the right of it. Just type in the blog address or whatever you are linking to. Then just click on the "add item" button. I hope all of this makes sense. If it doesn't, call me and I will walk you through it while you can see it. I would love to talk to you anyway. I hope your week went well. Aren't the weekends nice? Love you.
----Allison
Your blog is darling! I am so glad you started one. They are so nice to keep in touch with friends and family you don't see as much as you would like. I love all of your kids and love to learn more about them all they are all so cute!
Post a Comment