It seems as if August always goes by quickly. Our family birthdays, back to school, soccer tournaments and making great end of summer memories leave me little time for anything. I am upset that we didn't have a camping trip in August but not sure where we would have "fit it in" with all of the other things going on.
Last night was back to school night. Summer's over! I am surprised at how excited the kids were to go and meet their teachers. As I walked around the well known school halls I realized this will be the last back to school night for Katie. Although it is bittersweet I am really not sad. In past years, I have felt that they were growing too fast, but I am not as sad this year. The "dream" that I had for the past few years is finally coming true, ALL KIDS, ALL DAY! I can't believe that they will be with some one other than me for 6 hours a day 5 days a week! I think I will cry with Happiness!!!! I long for the structure and consistency needed for them to succeed and although school brings homework and projects the structure is good for me also. The twins are starting first grade and both have different teachers. Ethan has a teacher that Katie had in first grade. She is difficult but so good. Ethan really needs some discipline, and Thane and I are welcome to all the help that we can get. I realize that the year is going to be hard but worth it when he moves on to second grade. Hannah is upset that she can't take care of Ethan, I think that she is uncomfortable without him nearby. It will be good for her to identify her own identity and realize that she isn't' responsible for anyone but herself. Katie is in sixth grade and there are so many fun things that she is going to be doing. She will have a great year and is an excellent student. Jerra has a brand new teacher and is so excited. The teacher seems very nice and hopefully jerra will have a great year. She is very smart and I know she will do well. At this point Monday can't come soon enough clothes and backpacks are ready. Other than the $300.00 for school lunch money I think that I am ready! I bet there are a few tears on Monday, even though I claim to be ecstatic! Happiness to all other mom's school is great!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment