I know I know, it has been quite sometime since I have written, but I have been so busy. This last few weeks, have included Lagoon, 2 soccer tournaments, a 16th anniversary and three upcoming birthdays. I feel as if I can't get ahead. On top of that I have really been trying to beef up my exercise to see if I can lose a Little more weight before the colder weather hits. Enjoying my life leaves me little time to sit down to write. So just a couple of thoughts to remember for Summer 2008.
GREAT NEIGHBORS: Wow what a nice summer we have had with the neighbors, I love being involved with Laura and Tracey. Thanks to Laura I have gotten to know Tracey better than ever and have really enjoyed their company. The kids have really been able to wander the neighborhood with each other. They take turns at each others house and there is always someone to play with. It's so fun to know there is always someone to talk to and to rely on.
GREAT FAMILY: Boy, our family has changed this past year. But change is good and I think the adjustments are good for us. I love my family so much and am grateful for how close we all are. I can't believe how great it is for my kids to always have someone there for them. Grandma Nessa and Dad are solid figures in their lives and have been since they were babies. Nannie and Grandpa Griz are their favorite and they adore them. Grandma and Grandpa Fowers are right there all the time and the kids will never forget having them close by. Katie has loved working with Grandma and has really built a bond with her. I am so grateful for that.
SOCCER; I feel that this is all we do, although I missed a game today to work and was devastated. I think that we all love the game and that is why we have so much fun doing it. Family fun is the best fun.
WATER: As you all know from many previous posts we all love the boat, swimming and playing in the water.
FAMILY: We so love each other. We have a great time together and many times would rather be together than with anyone else. I am so proud of that, it is what I have always wanted.
So the Olympics started tonight and it reminded me of the Winter Olympics in 2002. Many memories of that time in my life. I am grateful to get through those tough times in the NICU and make it where I am today. Sometimes, the bad times remind us of how lucky we are to have the good ones. Happy Summer yipee school starts August 25th!!
1 comment:
We have had such a fun summer with you! What am I going to do when school starts. The kids are going to have to make sure to come visit after school so I don't go through withdrawls!
Post a Comment