Friday, January 16, 2009

eventful week

Rough week for me. The past few months I have been looking for a better job and have had couple of interviews at other places thinking that it might be time for me to change the direction of my career. During that time I haven't been too diligent and almost comfortable with my life, as my schedule is so flexible and allows me to accommodate to the kids. After praying about what would be the best for me, God answered my prayers in making the RIGHT decision for me. U am not sure that this was the way I thought it would go. On Tuesday my hours at the Institute were cut in half by the CEO he explained that the economy drastically reduced our facility. This has been happening at Island View too. I was cut about $1000.00 less per month than what I have been making. At first I was really upset and cried to Thane on the phone for about 15 minutes until I think he got tired of listening to me. You know I'm not as upset about the whole decrease, but the fact that the docs can get away with not giving up their hours when I am responsible to complete my work and help them in getting theirs done. They in turn are bringing in three times what I make! . FRUSTRATING~! So to make a long story short, I am looking for another job. This is scary because I know I need to be in a clinic, that is always what I have wanted. BUT I am comfortable in what I am doing and afraid to change. I don't want it to impact my family, and I am scared that I am not "qualified" to change to something new. I know that in the end I will be happier, but change is so hard. I was a little more comforted after calling a few contacts and quickly learning that there were many positions open and more posted every day. Now just to pick the right one for me and for my four attachments! It might not be easy. Wish me well.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I had no idea Jody, I am so sorry! But you are so talented in what you do I know you will find something even better than where you are at. It is not easy to find such a caring, thoughtful, and wonderful doctor such as you. So anyone would be LUCKY to have you!

The Curtis Family said...

I am so sorry that this is stressing you out. You are an amazing person and NP. I have no doubt that you will find something wonderful. When you find some time, let's get together (I have a little something that I picked up for you in Africa). I'll talk to you soon.

Love ya!

---Allison

Tracy said...

You will do great in whatever you find. I bet you will find something better than where you are at now and then wonder why you where even stressing in the first place.

mommy1 said...

I have faith in you my baby girl; I always have and always will. Life happens; you just have to try and keep up. You're a survivor; you come from one! Love ya....