Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some days you step in it (I mean snow)!


Jerra and I are sitting here after a long day full of disappointment. I had a bright idea to go to Solider Hollow tubing. Yes, it was a good idea, as the weather report said that there was only a 13% chance of snow. Well guess what 13 has been our lucky number until today. We drove up to the hill about 1 1/2 hours and it was snowy, well OK, snow and tubing go together right! WRONG we rode up to the top of the hill and due to all of the new snow, our tubes would not go. Thane ended up pulling all the kids down the hill! Needless to say we got a refund stopped and had lunch and drove home with sad kids, especially Jerra. Amber my sister in low went with us too and I felt upset that we had invited her to go and all didn't work out. I tried to encourage the kids to look on the bright side and enjoy our time together, but 4 hours in the car is not necessarily time well spent. Thane was just as frustrated as he drove in the bad weather both to and from Solider Hollow. So the deal is now that I will take the kids up there one day during school and they can miss a day of school. Moral of the story: Not everything goes the way you want it, maybe this was a good lesson for the kids after all!

A lighter note, Soccer is in full force. Both girls train three times per week and play once per week. That keeps us going but luckily two out of their three practices Katie and Jerra have together. They are getting really good and it is so much fun to watch! Believe it or not the team I am playing on tied our game last night! Yippee, maybe I will get my own medal out of all of this, ha-ha!

1 comment:

Laura said...

That stinks! I would stick with your back yard and maybe the hill at Syracuse! There is new snow now so I bet the kids will be begging for the four wheeler to started up after school.