Thursday, May 14, 2009

ARIZONA

As you can tell by the pictures, we had a great time on our trip to Arizona. I was really worried about being together with that many family members and many different opinions, but it was nothing but fun. Dad made sure that we all had perfect sleeping accommodations, and reserved some hotel rooms for everyone without kids. Nicki and I had the house to ourselves and it was so nice to let the kids go without worrying if they were getting into someones personal space! Tera and Brian brought Jesse and visited from California. Cherri, Jess and Amber was there, it was so fun to be together.
Arizona was so hot, about 110. The kids swam at Grandma's most of the days, and we just hung around and talked to grandma and cousins that we hadn't seen for about four years. The kids were so good and polite, maybe I am doing OK after all. On Saturday night we went to the dog races, it was everyones favorite. Each kid got to pick the dog they thought would win and Thane and I would place the bet for them. They loved it! We walked out with five dollars more than we came in with (after buying beers for the guys) and the kids wanted to go back the next night. They did so well at picking the winning dogs, of course they tried to pick the ones that pooped on the track prior to racing as they thought that made them faster. Grandma's birthday was also great it is amazing how good she looks for 90 years old. Other than her hearing she is as healthy as a horse. She even got in the swimming pool with me and the kids! I love her so much and it was very hard to leave her!
Vegas was also fun. On the way down we stayed at the Luxor, the kids loved the pyramid and enjoyed the Circus, Circus midway earning their share of stuffed animals. On the way home we stayed at the Excalibur (the castle as Hannah calls it), it was really fun, we walked to the M and M and Coke factories, and shopped a Little. I was shocked that there were not any Diet Coke shirts for me but Oh well, can't win it all. We also ate at the buffet at the Excalibur and the kids thought they were in Heaven! I told them that they could have whatever they wanted and they each ate at least three desserts each. Jerra even had a tummy ache afterward!
Probably the best part was that I got to spend some much needed time with my dad and Vanessa. We get so busy in our lives that we forget what is important. I love seeing him so excited to have all of us around. He is genuine and just plain fun to be around. I love him so much and love to watch how much he and Vanessa love the grand kids, (and me too). Hopefully we can make accommodations and do it again. Lots and lots of fun, now to the Laundry!

No comments: